Covid Twice in 6 Weeks??

Probably just retesting too soon. You can get a different variant, but it’s more likely to be the old virus it’s detecting still. I think the PCR does differentiate unlike the lateral flow so maybe worth a confirmatory one of those

She’s been testing negative on lateral flows since return to school. She does have some cold like symsptoms like a runny nose and sneezing but these aren’t normally associated with Covid symptoms. Could it be a common cold she has that’s causing a positive lateral flow ?

She’s been testing negative on lateral flows since return to school. She does have some cold like symsptoms like a runny nose and sneezing but these aren’t normally associated with Covid symptoms. Could it be a common cold she has that’s causing a positive lateral flow ?
I don’t think it would - I’d probably just get a PCR to check anyway. I’m no expert though. Just know that when we were working with public health England setting up our covid regulations for site they specifically told us to not use LFTs for 3-6 months after testing positive and they were erratic because of some interaction with the remnant products left after you have it

To be expected.The booster was developed before Omicron and has done very little against it.Trials are just starting on a vaccine to target omicron according to a BBC article yesterday.Sadly the virus will be one step ahead for good while yet.
I appreciate the point about reduced effectiveness against the Omicron strain but I think boosters offering "very little" is a harsh subjective statement.

There's a couple studies recently that show good response against Omicron.

I appreciate the point about reduced effectiveness against the Omicron strain but I think boosters offering "very little" is a harsh subjective statement.

There's a couple studies recently that show good response against Omicron.

Studies based on people having took the booster.But with only 64% having took it and the early ones now having reduced "effectiveness".If everyone was boosted late Nov early Dec then iam sure things would probably been a bit better.

Pretty sure medical types said if they tested positive they then didn't test for the next 90 days. The implication therefore is even if you get it a second time you won't be infectious over that period.

Someone was saying the other night that if you do a pcr and it's omicron, you get a notification to say someone would be in touch (not the same as your normal test and trace). Don't know how true that is?

My 15 year old unvaccinated Niece has just tested positive for the 2nd time in 4 weeks. Symptoms both times, and PCR tests confirmed both. Guessing it's too different strains of Covid.

My 15 year old unvaccinated Niece has just tested positive for the 2nd time in 4 weeks. Symptoms both times, and PCR tests confirmed both. Guessing it's too different strains of Covid.
Be interesting to see if they sequenced both PCRs.

There's 4 sub lineages of Omicron going about. I wonder if there's increased chances of re-infection from different sub lineages.

BA1 (original omicron) id declining but BA1.1 and BA2 are increasing in numbers which probably explains the plateau in cases. BA2 has gone from 0% of cases in Gauteng to 60% in two weeks.

Hope she's ok!

Someone was saying the other night that if you do a pcr and it's omicron, you get a notification to say someone would be in touch (not the same as your normal test and trace). Don't know how true that is?
I'll be honest I don't know how they have the logistics to do all this individual sequencing for every case to the extent I don't think it can be happening. Think they'll just be doing a sample of cases.

Back