Covid rules we’ll look back on as ridiculous in years to come.

Vaccinations have clouded everybody’s judgement here. Easy to be critical when we’re back to normality.

In 100 years we’ll be probably look back and laugh.

I guarantee the biggest issue we’re going to have in the next 5 years is a massive overreaction to whatever emerges next.

Being completely locked down for 3 months unless it was for work or essential services. Not even allowed out for exercise.

When exercise was allowed, you were allowed out for once a day for one hour between certain timeframes. Under 18s 12-7pm, 18-64 year olds - 7am-10am or 8pm-11pm. 65+ - 10am-12pm

Most backwards thing I've ever seen

When they stopped 11-a-side football being played, yet you were allowed to play 9-a-side as it was classed as a training session. The 11-a-side games were played on a full size pitch, the 9-a-side games on half a pitch. Work that one out.

And I seem to recall Durham FA releasing a guide on Covid advice when playing 11-a-side football when it returned - it had things like "avoid close marking from corners" and "wipe the ball before taking a throw-in" 🤪

When they stopped 11-a-side football being played, yet you were allowed to play 9-a-side as it was classed as a training session. The 11-a-side games were played on a full size pitch, the 9-a-side games on half a pitch. Work that one out.

And I seem to recall Durham FA releasing a guide on Covid advice when playing 11-a-side football when it returned - it had things like "avoid close marking from corners" and "wipe the ball before taking a throw-in" 🤪

Tbf mate it just seems as if you’re against most restrictions

Not being allowed to sit down outside, with local authorities putting tape over seats so no one could use them. Ridiculous then and looks even worse now.

The one way systems in shops were always a crap idea as well.

Being told to "fuck off home" and being told I was "taking the f***ing piss" by a copper when I'd dared to sit down on the grass on Well St Common to drink a bottle of water after going running was mint like.

The tier system was a joke when people were just travelling from tier 3 to tier 2 areas to go on the lash.

10 o clock curfew meaning everone was out in the streets at the same time on a weekend
I'm right on the Greater Manchester/Cheshire border, literally half a mile away from Cheshire East, bedlam for the pubs and bars in the nearest Cheshire village

Tesco and Sainsburys both closing one entrance and making whose who are leaving walk past those who are queueing to get in.

Having a limit of 3 packs of 48 toilet rolls, hand santitiser, chicken, bread etc that was restricted in shops. It looks ridiculous now never mind in the future.

That wasn't a government rule, it was just to stop people panic buying

Back