Covid Press Conference 14/09

There is a big concern that flu overruns the NHS in the winter.
What I don't get about that, and I'm not claiming to be an expert, is we have different strains every year anyway. We could all get flu one winter and get another strain the following winter. No doubt someone could explain this to me.

By this time all the vulnerable and elderly have been vaccinated and we know it's not a winter bug so what does this actually mean ?
But you say it's seasonal
Exactly Frijj
Eh?! Seasonal but not a winter bug? What season is it most prevalent? There's nothing in this graph that suggests seasonality, not yet.
The peaks, bar the last few month would suggest that it fit within the winter respiratory illness months (Oct-Feb)
Logon or register to see this image

What I don't get about that, and I'm not claiming to be an expert, is we have different strains every year anyway. We could all get flu one winter and get another strain the following winter. No doubt someone could explain this to me.
Social distancing over the world the past year has meant flu cases are very low, meaning it's been difficult to monitor and predict which strains to include in the vaccine. Also if there's a few strains about this year there could be a rebound increase in cases because of lack of existing immunity from the previous year.

The right thing to do. Fuckibg covid passports. Dear me. What have we become. The fact that half this board was advocating them shows how bad it has gotten aswell
Was more pointing out that this government seem to be completely and utterly incapable of making a decision and sticking to it. Whatever people's opinions on vaccine passports are surely everyone can agree that their handling of the whole issue has been as farcical as always.

Was more pointing out that this government seem to be completely and utterly incapable of making a decision and sticking to it. Whatever people's opinions on vaccine passports are surely everyone can agree that their handling of the whole issue has been as farcical as always.
Definitely. I agree. Theyre f***ing useless like. It seems to me that they test the waters and announce somethinf then when it doesnt get the reaction they were after they backtrack. Fuckin hopeless

I'm not fussed whether they bring them in or not. However, they can't be closing things down now. Why should people who are vaccinated lose privileges because wankers refuse to get jabbed?

Why should the double jabbed need to pay for tests to go abroad?

I find that extremely unfair and a bit of a disgrace that companies are profiteering from it.

Back