Covid and Football

Certainly looking grim at the moment. Ikay Gundagon has contacted it along with another three unnamed premier players in the latest round of testing. Also a “number” of Leyton Orient players have contracted it ahead of tomorrow’s cup tie against Spurs. Mansfield, Plymouth and Oldham have been notified having recently played Orient.

It’s not exactly unexpected though surely. Similar thing happened with Yorkshire CCC last week but just had to get on with it and played 4 unknown kids against lancs
With the premier league I would agree, but with Orient I doubt they could cope, depending on what is classed as “a number” of their players. If the game doesn’t go ahead I believe Spurs will get the tie

They’ll try get fans I reckon like. Be the new normal making sacrifices elsewhere for periods of time but social distancing at the matches is possible and the country needs it like

Do we even need additional rules? Pretty sure it's field a side of eligble players or be penalised.

I thought there were existing rules about when any illness goes through a squad, a percentage of seniors out or something leads to postponement - there certainly used to be.

Found this from just before this all started, I don't see why COVID would be less than flu...

West Ham United's fixture against Everton postponed due to flu outbreak - FAWSL Full-Time

why would COVID be less than flu...

Last edited:
I thought there were existing rules about when any illness goes through a squad, a percentage of seniors out or something leads to postponement - there certainly used to be.

Found this from just before this all started, I don't see why COVID would be less than flu...

West Ham United's fixture against Everton postponed due to flu outbreak - FAWSL Full-Time

why would COVID be less than flu...
Ah fair enough, I just assumed it would the usual rules for being required to fulfil a fixture.

Back