COVID Advice on travel

Dun Scathach

Midfield
Stuck between a rock and a hard place here.

Scheduled to drive down to Antibes tomorrow from the UK. House hired for a fortnight.

Our daughter has tested positive yesterday, today is the final day of school and she’s missed that, understandably.

The guidance for kids is three days isolation. We’ll be driving in a car, four of us and will arrive in Antibes Monday with an air BnB in Epernay for a few days first.

So test positive Thursday, clear Sunday. Would you travel?

All four of us are vaccinated and three have no symptoms.

Morally, I think we should probably cancel. Any advice really appreciated.

Youve asked in the COVID thread, clearly virtually anyone who still reads this will tell you to cancel.
Why did she test?
Id just go, personally, the majority dont really give a shit about it anymore.

Most people don't even test anymore.

I'd go, kids have been through enough.

Sounds like hay-fever symptoms or a summer cold not covid....

Cheers folks.

We are going still. The guidance is to essentially treat this as though it were a cold. If it were, you’re right, we wouldn’t be testing and it wouldnt stop us from travelling.

Only seen this thread today. The world we now live in means this type of dilemma occurs all the time. My advice would have been go but FFP3 in the car to avoid transmission to others on the journey. Not ideal. Hope you got there ok and no one is sick.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place here.

Scheduled to drive down to Antibes tomorrow from the UK. House hired for a fortnight.

Our daughter has tested positive yesterday, today is the final day of school and she’s missed that, understandably.

The guidance for kids is three days isolation. We’ll be driving in a car, four of us and will arrive in Antibes Monday with an air BnB in Epernay for a few days first.

So test positive Thursday, clear Sunday. Would you travel?

All four of us are vaccinated and three have no symptoms.

Morally, I think we should probably cancel. Any advice really appreciated.
Two and a half weeks ago, me and her did almost exactly that journey and i was ill on the morning we set of.wife caught whatever I had. Didn't test, but took about 8 days to shake that off. No checks at Tunnel for us. Hope all goes well and a full recovery.

Back