COVID-19/Coronavirus origins.

I don’t know why scientists bother. People spend years of their lives developing rigorous methods of investigation, making sure they’re reliable and repeatable by anyone who uses them. Study a small area of the subject in great depth and acquire a huge amount of knowledge data and expertise. Test every theory thoroughly then publish their results. Then idiots spend five seconds coming up with a ludicrous theory that ignores common sense and reason and people believe the nonsense rather than the facts because it’s more exciting. This is how we get anti vaxxers and people who think a sip of warm water every twenty minutes will cure coronavirus. At times like this I really hope Darwin was right!

*mods don’t merge, please*

first thoughts were that it came from some bat soup and conspiracy theories that it was a man made bio-weapon were considered fringe but it seems the scales are tipping as of late.
What do you reckon?

Came from the virus research centre in Wuhan that had a sample of it to coincidental to be any other thing

Some dangerous talk about where it’s come from.I heard a Russian scientist say last week that it’s a biological weapon released by the US military.
As I’ve said previously on here this could start off a war.
They’ve also accused us 😂

Apart from the fact that’s been thoroughly debunked by actual scientists and not Steve from YouTube you mean?

Good read.

Basic research involving passage of bat SARS-CoV-like coronaviruses in cell culture and/or animal models has been ongoing for many years in biosafety level 2 laboratories across the world27, and there are documented instances of laboratory escapes of SARS-CoV28. We must therefore examine the possibility of an inadvertent laboratory release of SARS-CoV-2.

In theory, it is possible that SARS-CoV-2 acquired RBD mutations (Fig. 1a) during adaptation to passage in cell culture, as has been observed in studies of SARS-CoV11. The finding of SARS-CoV-like coronaviruses from pangolins with nearly identical RBDs, however, provides a much stronger and more parsimonious explanation of how SARS-CoV-2 acquired these via recombination or mutation19.

However it doesn't totally discount it.

Good read.

Basic research involving passage of bat SARS-CoV-like coronaviruses in cell culture and/or animal models has been ongoing for many years in biosafety level 2 laboratories across the world27, and there are documented instances of laboratory escapes of SARS-CoV28. We must therefore examine the possibility of an inadvertent laboratory release of SARS-CoV-2.

In theory, it is possible that SARS-CoV-2 acquired RBD mutations (Fig. 1a) during adaptation to passage in cell culture, as has been observed in studies of SARS-CoV11. The finding of SARS-CoV-like coronaviruses from pangolins with nearly identical RBDs, however, provides a much stronger and more parsimonious explanation of how SARS-CoV-2 acquired these via recombination or mutation19.

However it doesn't totally discount it.
Tell you what, you find me some peer reviewed scientific research in a formal journal that confirms this is man made and then you can start spouting conspiracy theories?

Back