Covent garden for one night

Normally do air bnb on neal street if you can get a place on there, it’s like 2 mins from Covent Garden tube and a few half decent pubs around. If you’re lucky you may pick a flat up cheap

The Advance tickets for Jan haven't been released yet. If you set up a ticket alert on LNER, it'll tell you when they get released and you can jump on and book cheapies.

set one up for December 2nd , didn’t let me know when the tickets were released, just cost me £200 for two of us one way , the bastards.

Get the train man, even if it works out a bit more expensive. Should be around 70 return each I'd guess. Can't be much fun to drive there and back in a couple of days unless you're really trying to do it on a budget. Get the train and chill out.

Any decent hotel in zone 1 will be fine for a night. Again unless you're desperate to save a few quid I wouldn't recommend staying out by Wembley or anywhere in outer London. Waste of time to travel in and out, much nicer to walk, get the bus or jump on the tube for ten mins.

will be about £100rtn with BA. premier inn hub will be £100ish, the night tube is one, have a look at kensington for hotels, ive always found its cheaper there.
Avoid the holiday inn kensington. We stayed there a coue of weeks ago and got a free upgrade to an executive room mould on the lampshade and in the mini fridge condensation all over the walls and windows ripped carpet, black gunk in the bathroom. Didn't notice that much as we didn't check in until after 10pm and went straight to bed. Next morning I was straight down to reception. Got offered my money back 170 quid and 5000 points on my account. Took what they gave and then they offered a free night with suite withing the next 12 months. I also emailed the head of ihg group and they gave me 450000 points onto my account which is equivalent to another night free anywhere. Good result but I'd rather just have has a nice clean room tbh.

The Advance tickets for Jan haven't been released yet. If you set up a ticket alert on LNER, it'll tell you when they get released and you can jump on and book cheapies.
When do they get released usually? We are looking to head down February. Usually costs about £120 return for the 2 of us but prices are about £300 at the moment.

When do they get released usually? We are looking to head down February. Usually costs about £120 return for the 2 of us but prices are about £300 at the moment.

There's been some bother due to amended timetables with engineering works over the winter. They only released the 14/15 December weekend this morning! I got £87 return for two adults and a child with a railcard.

Bought theatre tickets for my missus in January. Going down on the Saturday and back on the Sunday. Looking to stay in the Covent Graden area. Struggling to think of the best option for travel and accommodation. trains cost nearly £300 for return tickets for the two of us so will probably drive down. Anyone stayed in a hotel down there with parking or got any better ideas for travel / accommodation?
For the play off final we drove to Walthamstow (piece of piss to get to). Parked up for the weekend in a secure car park (about £20 for weekend) and got the tube into central London where our hotel was.

Get the train man, even if it works out a bit more expensive. Should be around 70 return each I'd guess. Can't be much fun to drive there and back in a couple of days unless you're really trying to do it on a budget. Get the train and chill out.

Any decent hotel in zone 1 will be fine for a night. Again unless you're desperate to save a few quid I wouldn't recommend staying out by Wembley or anywhere in outer London. Waste of time to travel in and out, much nicer to walk, get the bus or jump on the tube for ten mins.
100% this. Hays travel do deals. President hotel near Russell square and train for 2 nights for around £160 each. Walk from king's cross to hotel and from hotel to Covent garden.
we have stayed here before and its just next to covent garden area

This is the group you can get a deal with. Just avoid royal national unless you are getting pissed and can sleep through anything.

Last edited:
100% this. Hays travel do deals. President hotel near Russell square and train for 2 nights for around £160 each. Walk from king's cross to hotel and from hotel to Covent garden.

This is the group you can get a deal with. Just avoid royal national unless you are getting pissed and can sleep through anything.

I agree, we don't like the other 2 hotels, national as you mentioned and other one whose name I have forgotten. Bedford is completely different. a friend goes to London on a regular basis for training weeks and she stops there when down

Back