Covent garden for one night

rentaghost

Striker
Bought theatre tickets for my missus in January. Going down on the Saturday and back on the Sunday. Looking to stay in the Covent Graden area. Struggling to think of the best option for travel and accommodation. trains cost nearly £300 for return tickets for the two of us so will probably drive down. Anyone stayed in a hotel down there with parking or got any better ideas for travel / accommodation?

Bought theatre tickets for my missus in January. Going down on the Saturday and back on the Sunday. Looking to stay in the Covent Graden area. Struggling to think of the best option for travel and accommodation. trains cost nearly £300 for return tickets for the two of us so will probably drive down. Anyone stayed in a hotel down there with parking or got any better ideas for travel / accommodation?
Left It a tad late to get cheap rail tickets there marra -especially when you had tickets since January.

premier inn hub. Fly with BA.

I’ve just got returns from Newcastle to kings cross for late December for the 4 of us for 200 notes Mate, did you look on the LNER website?

Last edited:

The Advance tickets for Jan haven't been released yet. If you set up a ticket alert on LNER, it'll tell you when they get released and you can jump on and book cheapies.

Last edited by a moderator:
will be about £100rtn with BA. premier inn hub will be £100ish, the night tube is one, have a look at kensington for hotels, ive always found its cheaper there.
I don’t think I’d stay in Covent Garden anymore after staying in other areas for very decent prices. Places such as Kensington, Russel Sq, even Wembley.

The Advance tickets for Jan haven't been released yet. If you set up a ticket alert on LNER, it'll tell you when they get released and you can jump on and book cheapies.

Done thanks!
I don’t think I’d stay in Covent Garden anymore after staying in other areas for very decent prices. Places such as Kensington, Russel Sq, even Wembley.

In two minds. Just staying over one night. Travel lodge £100 in CG. Is Kensington, Russel Sq etc walking distance? Saving £20 or £30 and then paying for tubes and the extra hassle when pushed for time doesnt seem worth it.

Last edited:
As long as there’s no events on, drive down and stay in the Novotel at Wembley. You just avoid the congestion charge, they have a huge underground car park and Wembley Park Tube station is a 1 minute walk with Tubes into London in 20 minutes or so

Drive, Premier Inn Croxley Green Watford. Tube there and back cheap and simple. Parking onsite. Approx £40 a night. Stay the Sunday for next to nothing.

Last edited:
Done thanks!

In two minds. Just staying over one night. Travel lodge £100 in CG. Is Kensington, Russel Sq etc walking distance? Saving £20 or £30 and then paying for tubes and the extra hassle when pushed for time doesnt seem worth it.
To be fair I’d go with the 100 quid CG. Decent price that.

@squashjoe is gonna love this thread!

Parking in Covent Garden? Ellis Short used to get the tube because he couldn’t afford to park in Central London marra. This place whinges about the price of the beer in the Derry down the town.......it’s gonna go wild when you tell em how much parking in Covent gardens cost you.
The reason rich people have chauffeurs in London is becos of the lack of parking not becos they can’t drive or are flash bastards it’s becos it’s cheaper and more convenient to employ a chauffeur than to pay for and FIND a parking space. They exit the car and the chauffeur drives around until he’s required.

Get the train marra. Better still buy the east coast mainline, it’d still be cheaper than parking.

Parking in Covent Garden? Ellis Short used to get the tube because he couldn’t afford to park in Central London marra. This place whinges about the price of the beer in the Derry down the town.......it’s gonna go wild when you tell em how much parking in Covent gardens cost you.
The reason rich people have chauffeurs in London is becos of the lack of parking not becos they can’t drive or are flash bastards it’s becos it’s cheaper and more convenient to employ a chauffeur than to pay for and FIND a parking space. They exit the car and the chauffeur drives around until he’s required.

Get the train marra. Better still buy the east coast mainline, it’d still be cheaper than parking.
He beat me to it!

He beat me to it!
You knew it and I knew it. Watford is the cheap and best option.
£69 quid for Saturday and Sunday too.

Last edited:

Back