couple of ? for the PC gamers

just got myself a new gaming laptop,

A) has anyone tried running games from an external hard drive.....do they run ok

B) any decent WW2 games out there heard of something called hell let loose but does anyone actual play it cant be arsed with BF V its all gone abut too shite for my liking wimmen soliders and purple guns n shit

For your first question, if it's a USB3 or eSATA connection you'll be fine speed wise. Though I still wouldn't recommend it as if you knock or unplug the drive when it's in use it will crash your game (unplugging it might even break the game altogether and corrupt your saves).

Other than that, you'll be fine.

Even USB2 would work, but loading times will be noticeably longer.

For your first question, if it's a USB3 or eSATA connection you'll be fine speed wise. Though I still wouldn't recommend it as if you knock or unplug the drive when it's in use it will crash your game (unplugging it might even break the game altogether and corrupt your saves).

Other than that, you'll be fine.

Even USB2 would work, but loading times will be noticeably longer.

cheers ive only got a 256 SSD and BFV is 80 f***ing gig man

A) has anyone tried running games from an external hard drive.....do they run ok

B) any decent WW2 games out there heard of something called hell let loose but does anyone actual play it cant be arsed with BF V its all gone abut too shite for my liking wimmen soliders and purple guns n shit

Hell Let Loose is good. Only really works if you're prepared to talk to other people in your squad and actually follow the squad leaders orders. It's gritty and gory, you'll see plenty of people get absolutely obliterated by shells and grenades.

Not a WW2 game but Squad is looking pretty nifty at the moment if you like the game to be a bit more realistic.

Back