Couple denied entry to Switzerland

When you visit or move to another persons country you must respect their law, tradition and customs. I've been to Muslim countries and respect theirs. It's very easy and is the polite thing to do.

Also, the other night a Muslim kid joined my football team and I shook the mother's had and she had no problem.

Would you say the same about women not covering up in Muslim Jewish Catholic churches ? Even if you don't agree with it, it's about respecting other people's beliefs in their countries.
No i wouldnt because that is flouting another's threshold of modesty.. Again.

Yes I still sort of agree but you would know that Iran and Israel are theocratic states where it’s best to toe the line.

When I worked in the Middle East I’m sure that some of the local women on the project were happy to shake hands. One of them used to perv over my eyes because they didn’t see many blue ones. Thankfully the Arab nutter never gouged them out. ;)
You Old blue eyes ;) :lol:

But why should a western European country's culture be dismissed or changed to fit Muslims’ cultural or religious beliefs ? That really doesn't make sense..

Tidied.

It’s always the same - everyone else has to adapt to Islam. Fuck that, and the apologists of Islam.

People on here who don’t agree with the outcome would be the first to slate a westerner refusing to respect Islamic law in the Middle East. Always defensive of any culture but their own.

There’s nothing sexual about a handshake at all. Why does them not shaking hands deserve respect? Muslims in Switzerland have had to respect that part of culture so if these don’t do the same they won’t be getting in. They’re no better than the Muslims already there.
Well if your actually not to touch men there would be. Anyway I am off to watch some cricket, I can't help but think your search for a moist sausage is symbolic of your threshold for general satisfaction with the world ;)

Well if your actually not to touch men there would be. Anyway I am off to watch some cricket, I can't help but think your search for a moist sausage is symbolic of your threshold for general satisfaction with the world ;)
Well that would be the person that isn’t accepting the handshake being ignorant then. I always when I was a kid found it odd when blokes kiss on meeting but the older I got I understood there’s nothing in it other than a polite social thing. They just need to understand that there’s no sexual connotations to a handshake and then we’re all happy right?

I'd be happy to kiss someone arse if I thought it was going to give me and my family a better chance of life within a safe country..

When you visit or move to another persons country you must respect their law, tradition and customs. I've been to Muslim countries and respect theirs. It's very easy and is the polite thing to do.

Also, the other night a Muslim kid joined my football team and I shook the mother's had and she had no problem.
That’s because us not a mainstream religious thing, it’s cultural. Or rather, it’s a rather bizarre cultural bit of Islam that interprets things a little bit too harshly. Bit like Orthodox Jews, for instance.

Tidied.

It’s always the same - everyone else has to adapt to Islam. Fuck that, and the apologists of Islam.

People on here who don’t agree with the outcome would be the first to slate a westerner refusing to respect Islamic law in the Middle East. Always defensive of any culture but their own.
Aren’t you proud that our society is more tolerant and flexible?

Are you really honestly offended that a person who has been brought up differently to you has different social customs?

I attended a wedding reception in Kuwait City and the male relatives and guest would greet the groom (who I worked with) with a handshake and a kiss on both cheeks.

When it was my turn I shook my marra’s hand and then hesitated. He laughed and just said ‘I guess that you aren’t ready for that part yet’.

People living in these countries really aren’t as fanatical as you think. There will be exceptions and some people have very different ideas about modesty and contact with the opposite sex.

Isn’t it commendable if we’re aware of that and don’t act the **** just because other people cannot be more broad minded?

Tidied.

What if they refused to shake hands with a gay person or black person? From what I know it's not a common practice within Islam or among Muslims.

Tidied.

Well apart from the fact that a) this isn’t all of Islam and b) this is an exact example of people not adapting to Islam, at all, then yes, you’re right.

That’s because us not a mainstream religious thing, it’s cultural. Or rather, it’s a rather bizarre cultural bit of Islam that interprets things a little bit too harshly. Bit like Orthodox Jews, for instance.
But the woman the other night had no problem shaking my hand. What if they refused to shake hands with a gay person?

Tidied.

At least you can take your burkha off in the house.

Back