County Durham on Countryfile

• Thread starter Deleted member 14766
  • Start date

You asked if the programme was based around Newcastle.

I replied ‘No. County Durham’ because it wasn’t based around Newcastle. It was in County Durham. Newcastle has never been in County Durham.

I have no idea what you are on about regarding Tyne and Wear. Or me being a ‘pedant’.

There was a programme on the telly about County Durham. Which isn’t Newcastle or Tyne and Wear in much the same way as there was a programme on about Herefordshire at some point in the past which wasn’t about Edinburgh or Halifax.

Hope this helps

I have. I’m from County Durham. Which isn’t in Newcastle.
I mentioned Newcastle as a bit of a joke since they seem to claim anything in the northeast as theirs. I know its not in Newcastle because I have a decent grasp of geography.

It was mentioned that the programme featured a pub in Tyne and Wear, the Red Kite. I hope this helps.

This little piece on Countryfile was all in County Durham. ‘Only just’ in Co. Durham is in Co. Durham. And I thought it looked beautiful. Northumberland and Yorkshire and all the other counties of England are beautiful too. England is a beautiful country. I’ve visited every English county, and lived in five. But my heart and home is County Durham, and I love every square inch of it more than all the other square inches of all the rest of the counties combined.

You asked if the programme was based around Newcastle.

I replied ‘No. County Durham’ because it wasn’t based around Newcastle. It was in County Durham. Newcastle has never been in County Durham.

I have no idea what you are on about regarding Tyne and Wear. Or me being a ‘pedant’.

There was a programme on the telly about County Durham. Which isn’t Newcastle or Tyne and Wear in much the same way as there was a programme on about Herefordshire at some point in the past which wasn’t about Edinburgh or Halifax.

Hope this helps

I have. I’m from County Durham. Which isn’t in Newcastle.
Quite a bit of the program was at Allansford and that's about 10ft away from the Northumberland border line !

Happy bunch of lads aren't they ?

Last edited:
I mentioned Newcastle as a bit of a joke since they seem to claim anything in the northeast as theirs. I know its not in Newcastle because I have a decent grasp of geography.

It was mentioned that the programme featured a pub in Tyne and Wear, the Red Kite. I hope this helps.

I knew you were jesting. I was just messing about :).

Didn’t catch the Red Kite bit. I wasn’t watching that closely when I realised Dipton wasn’t going to be mentioned. Bastards.

This little piece on Countryfile was all in County Durham. ‘Only just’ in Co. Durham is in Co. Durham. And I thought it looked beautiful. Northumberland and Yorkshire and all the other counties of England are beautiful too. England is a beautiful country. I’ve visited every English county, and lived in five. But my heart and home is County Durham, and I love every square inch of it more than all the other square inches of all the rest of the counties combined.

Thank you. Agreed.

I love Allansford. Went there a lot. It’s quite close to where I was born. Consett (well Shotley Bridge). Which is in.... oh fuck it

:) :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus wept. This thread has turned into a whingefest if assumptions about the tone of the programme based on preconceptions of bbc bias plus a geography lesson in the ne

caught the last few minutes. i'll have to watch it because allensford is half a mile from our house, and some of the other stuff is nearish our old house.

Back