Countries in 24 hours

Landlocked by 2 countries
Ah - no a double landlocked country means a country that is landlocked by countries that are also landlocked.
so Liechtenstein is landlocked by Switzerland and Austria that are also landlocked.

just checked Uzbekistan is the only other one in the world

Last edited:
Can't quite get a meeting of four borders, but in Central Asia you can find a point where Russia, China and Mongolia meet with Kazakhstan just 23 miles away. Of course, you've got a fair old trek to get to country #5 from any of them. Suspect it may not be the smoothest border crossing in the world for an independent traveller anarl.

My PB is five countries in 24 hours: Prague to Cologne, Cologne to Brussels, Eurostar via France to London. You could argue that France doesn't count since I just sat on the train and watched it out the window.

Most I've done driving is Poland-Germany-Holland-Belgium-France-England in one day. Flying I did England-Russia-Cyprus-Yemen-Kenya in 24 hours.

Perhaps you are confused about the nature of England. Is it a city, state, or country? England is a country, and it is one of the four European countries that comprise the United Kingdom. Let’s take a closer look at England, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom and see how these concepts are related to one another.

Many people are confused about the relationship between the United Kingdom, Great Britain, and England. In a nutshell, the United Kingdom is a kingdom or union made out of the countries of England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. The official name of the UK is actually the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. The government of the UK is based in London, and its current head of state is Queen Elizabeth II. Meanwhile, England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland are all their own countries with their own regional governments.
Do you have an English passport?
The question was “how many do you reckon it could it be possible to do” to which you answered “1”. That answer is incorrect because the OP has already done 6. Perhaps it isn’t me that struggles with reading?
If @marathon9 is going to continue calling people thick on this thread, I’d like a response to this.

Last edited:
It's right on the edge of the Black Forest, which is also worth a look.
If you like olde worlde type of places, (a Germanic version of Chester or York) Freiburg is excellent.
A proper picture postcard type of place, imo.

We had a factory on the other side of the Black Forest - place called Braunlingen and I was stood outside the hotel having a tab talking to a man from Seaham who was with a bus load of OAPs doing the Black Forest tour :) My job then took me all over Eurpoe but sadly had little or no time to take in the torism aspects (apart from Milan where i did get the chance to see the Last Supper fresco) and that git big Mosque in Casablanca

We had a factory on the other side of the Black Forest - place called Braunlingen and I was stood outside the hotel having a tab talking to a man from Seaham who was with a bus load of OAPs doing the Black Forest tour :) My job then took me all over Eurpoe but sadly had little or no time to take in the torism aspects (apart from Milan where i did get the chance to see the Last Supper fresco) and that git big Mosque in Casablanca
Hopefully you'll get a chance to have a look around Freiburg.
It's a great city to spend a day, just walking around the cobbled streets, and enjoying the scenery, food and drink.

Could Hoy Italy in with another 30 min but I've not went that way in one trip yet
I’ve set the bar at 7 in just under 19 hours. Took a deliberate detour to Germany so I could tell people on the internet!
Right - I’ve done Trieste down to Pula, so you could! Imagine your lass - why we going this way? So I can tell some strangers on the smb that I’ve done 7 countries in one day.
See above.

Back