Councillor banned after refusing to do breath test

He should have answered the door with a glass of whisky in his hand...not a lot they could have done..

Arrested and if he failed to provide a sample still charged. If he had gave one, whisky will have been seized along with bottle and back calculations done from results.
This is what i was thinking, though not suggesting. You could say you had alcohol when you got home.
As above. See this often. Car crash and run home. Claim they have just drank half a bottle of whisky. Still get lifted and lets test the science of it
If the cops needed a warrant to enter your home to breathalyse you, it would be a foot race down your street until you dived through the door yelling "SAFE!"

... then flicking the Vs through the curtains for 5 minutes.

Whilst flicking the vs are you also shouting threats of violence at the cop or member of the public who have stopped to laugh at you? They can gain entry to arrest for a section 4 public order offence

Last edited:
Seemingly not. You dont have to be pissed to be over the limit. And sometimes people change from muddy boots before getting into bed :)
Disappointed that he wasn't pissed sounds like attitude to me. They had no reason whatsoever to suspect he had been out driving. There wasn't even a hint that he had been. Breathalysing somebody who has his car stolen with no evidence he was involved for me isn't right. Victims being treat like criminals is how it comes over.

Disappointed that he wasn't pissed sounds like attitude to me. They had no reason whatsoever to suspect he had been out driving. There wasn't even a hint that he had been. Breathalysing somebody who has his car stolen with no evidence he was involved for me isn't right. Victims being treat like criminals is how it comes over.
does it?

The same as blowing positive i think. Used to be less but they redressed the balance to stop people just refusing knowing it wouldnt be as bad
Any idea how that works? I would imagine someone say, six times over the limit would get hit more than someone just over the limit. If you know you are massively over would you be better off refusing? that's if you were capable of coherent thought

Any idea how that works? I would imagine someone say, six times over the limit would get hit more than someone just over the limit. If you know you are massively over would you be better off refusing? that's if you were capable of coherent thought
I think its the same punishment as if your were over the limit now

If the cops needed a warrant to enter your home to breathalyse you, it would be a foot race down your street until you dived through the door yelling "SAFE!"

... then flicking the Vs through the curtains for 5 minutes.

Unrelated...At my uni there were campus police and the rumour was because of city/county/state jurisdictions they had no powers of arrest or detention outside the grounds of the campus. The drinking age is 21 so on being pissed as a fart one night and invited to a quiet chat with a pair of said rent-a-rozzers I opted to do some science to test the theory and pegged it to the edge of campus (near on quarter of a mile). I still dont know if they have powers of arrest or jurisdiction but they do have radios.

They'd maybe have taken you in for a chat but I doubt they would charge you as the CPS would still not have enough evidence to convict. Nobody can prove you were drink driving as you were not. As a credible witness your defence will be also sensibly considered. If there was an independent witness, speed camera photo or you'd left fingerprints (or semen) in the sheep in that field etc... then that would be a different matter.

Tidied

They'd maybe have taken you in for a chat but I doubt they would charge you as the CPS would still not have enough evidence to convict. Nobody can prove you were drink driving as you were not. As a credible witness your defence will be also sensibly considered. If there was an independent witness, speed camera photo or you'd left fingerprints (or semen) on the gatepost etc... then that would be a different matter.

:lol::lol: why would there be semen on the gatepost?

Back