Council to provide meals all year round for children from low-income families

Usual posters, usual responses

However this should not bother them in the slightest. It's in Scotland.

Yet another stupid question being asked of someone who never paid any income tax to another country before he retired and moved elsewhere.

You, though, avoid any questions!

Employ or manage?

To do what, pick fruit and veg?

Council to provide meals all year round for children from low-income families

I know what I think but won't post it!

I just find it amusing the way that a semi- literate individual (who can't spell, has difficulty reading/comprehending the written word) has the temerity to use the image of a great man as his avatar, when he, clearly , couldn't lick his boots.
So, (much),hate!

Holiday hunger my arse. 29% of kids in Scotland are overweight or obese (Scottish govt figures).

Lanarkshire Labour council are using this as a political football to attack Holyrood.

Read the article. The food will be part of a package of holiday activities provided at twenty hubs close to where the children live.

I’m in two minds about this to be honest. On the one hand I think that the benefit system that we have should mean that it’s unnecessary - and for the vast amount of parents on benefits it is. On the other hand, I’m not happy to see children go hungry because of feckless parents.

I’ve just done a benefits calculation on a benefits calculator and the minimum that a single parent would receive in benefits would be around £9000 cash in hand with no rent or council tax coming out of that. Should that not be sufficient?
Im not sure it should be sufficient, sounds like it should be manageable though. However you're not taking into account the kids of Junkies, alcoholics, the thousands of folk who have unfairly lost their benefits and the kids of parents who are just selfish arseholes and don't look after them properly.

Holiday hunger my arse. 29% of kids in Scotland are overweight or obese (Scottish govt figures).

Lanarkshire Labour council are using this as a political football to attack Holyrood.
Absolute bullshit

Back