Council Tax Single Person Discount

Is council tax paid over 10 months? Everywhere I’ve lived is 12 months, fair enough like, Band F in Whitburn is still 600k mind :lol:

It used to be always over 10. Then in 2011 they gave you the option of paying over 12.
Some people prefer to keep the 10 as it feels like you get 2 free months.

How do you work that out they may of inherited it or spent all of their money buying it juts because you have an expensive house doesn’t mean you have loads of extra cash
Someone who has inherited a house is one of your examples? Really? :lol:
Had on. I've carried on reading. How much does Nissan pay for doing nightshift ffs???

Last edited:
It used to be always over 10. Then in 2011 they gave you the option of paying over 12.
Some people prefer to keep the 10 as it feels like you get 2 free months.

I've been paying over 12 since about 2006.

I never understood the fact "free" month thing.

I've been paying over 12 since about 2006.

I never understood the fact "free" month thing.

Maybe some councils did allow it before. I remember Eric Pickles making a big thing about it saying councils now had to allow it. (and obviously tories didn't get in until May 2010)

The free thing is just for those who are rubbish with money & live month by month out of choice.

Maybe some councils did allow it before. I remember Eric Pickles making a big thing about it saying councils now had to allow it. (and obviously tories didn't get in until May 2010)

The free thing is just for those who are rubbish with money & live month by month out of choice.
Yeah. Sunderland allowed it then. I preferred the lower monthly over the "free" months.

The bins was an example tell me what services do I get that are different from someone who pays 100 quid

Taxation isn’t all about what YOU get. That’s not how it works. Did you leave school at age 12 to work at Nissan? You may live in South Tyneside but here is a link to what ‘you’ would get for your money in Sunderland :

Because part of the cost is based on the house, not just who lives there. The bin men still have to come to empty the wheelie bin, regardless of how many bags it contains. If your house catches fire, the fire brigade come regardless of how many people live there. If it gets burgled, the police still investigate etc.
Not sure about the last sentence :lol:

I'm not quite sure how you think you are being bummed then? You have a choice, use 1 bin and compost the grass or run it up the tip, or pay to have it taken away. It's like complaining about the cost of putting 2 cars through a car wash when someone else only has 1 car.
Because you shouldn’t have to pay extra for your garden bin

I guess then those who don't pay income tax would get away with it.

I don't like your petrol idea, I'll pay more.

You would pay more under the petrol idea because you would be using the road more, unless you drink your petrol.
It’s the fairest way to do it for roads, avoids people being untaxed etc

If you live in a Band H house in Whitburn it must be worth what, £600k?

There’s a 4-bed detached for £500k and that’s band E. There’s a 5-bed detaches for £600k and that’s band F.

Something doesn’t add up if you’re saying you’re on “Nissan wages” but your house is worth half a mil - either you came into that house through some means of good fortune or South Tyneside Council are shafting you on the council tax.
Your not reading what I said when I was younger I done up 3 properties and sold them on for a canny profit enough to buy a nice house

Back