Council Tax Single Person Discount

Currently 25% why is it not 50% if the other option is based on two people living together.
Because part of the cost is based on the house, not just who lives there. The bin men still have to come to empty the wheelie bin, regardless of how many bags it contains. If your house catches fire, the fire brigade come regardless of how many people live there. If it gets burgled, the police still investigate etc.

Because part of the cost is based on the house, not just who lives there. The bin men still have to come to empty the wheelie bin, regardless of how many bags it contains. If your house catches fire, the fire brigade come regardless of how many people live there. If it gets burgled, the police still investigate etc.

I get that Band A through to band G goes on price and that is why council tax is higher up the bands cause the house is worth more. Still doesn't answer my question.

Last edited:
I get that Band A through to band G goes on price and that is why council tax is higher up the bands cause the house is worth more. Still doesn't answer my question.

The tax is 50% property & 50% for the person. So you don't get a discount on the property part. We'll that's what I once got told anyway

Do they really though?

Back