Council Tax Rises

Do tell.

We have the same thing in Sunderland with the likes of Len who's convinced he's unearthed stuff, but most of it is nonsense.
Council leaders brother buying land at approx 1/5th of its value. Contracts being awarded to council leaders side companies. Expense fiddling. Copies of leaders council credit card statement have been redacted to hide what he spends it on etc..
All of this was raised last night at the full council meeting and not once did the accused people object.
Too much to list. If it was nonsense these accusations would have repercussions...but no repercussions are coming because he has documented evidence

Last edited:

So go back to residents, what’s the big deal. we will be getting taxed one way or anyone to pay for services, it matters little where the bill comes from.

People bellyache like fuck about lack of this that and the other...but then belly ache if they’ve gotta stick their hands in their pockets to pay for it

It does place a considerable burden on some people. My council tax is more than my monthly shopping. I am happy to pay it but it is a lot of money.
Council leaders brother buying land at approx 1/5th of its value. Contracts being awarded to council leaders side companies. Expense fiddling. Copies of leaders council credit card statement have been redacted to hide what he spends it on etc..
All of this was raised last night at the full council meeting and not once did the accused people object.
Too much to list. If it was nonsense these accusations would have repercussions...but no repercussions are coming because he has documented evidence

You’d think he’d have the evidence to hand whilst making such accusations.

I think what most people don’t realise is that elected members don’t control the day to day function of the council - the councils executives and officers do.

Certainly be interesting to see how the leader of the council has instructed his head of procurement to purchase the services of a company mind. There’s due process to follow, other companies can dispute the decision etc.

Doubtless corruption DOES happen but why isn’t the evidence out there? Why aren’t the police involved?

Last edited:
It does place a considerable burden on some people. My council tax is more than my monthly shopping. I am happy to pay it but it is a lot of money.

I think what most people don’t realise is that elected members don’t control the day to day function of the council - the councils executives and officers do.

Certainly be interesting to see how the leader of the council has instructed his head of procurement to purchase the services of a company mind. There’s due process to follow, other companies can dispute the decision etc.

Doubtless corruption DOES happen but why isn’t the evidence out there? Why aren’t the police involved?
The video of last night full council meeting is on YouTube where he stands up and reads off the full list of corruption he has uncovered....with evidence. Watch it at your leisure.

The video of last night full council meeting is on YouTube where he stands up and reads off the full list of corruption he has uncovered....with evidence. Watch it at your leisure.

A YT video isn’t evidence nor is someone standing up saying they have evidence.

Where are the actual documents? How has this person come by them?

99 times out of 100, “corruption” allegations against the council are actually because an aggrieved party has a grudge.

Maybe this man is correct - I’m not saying he isn’t but since many laws have been broken and there is evidence where are the arrests?

Thanks will watch that later
From 35 minutes onwards is when the independent councillor gets up
When during the video are the allegations made and evidence presented?

The council can’t think there’s much to them if they’re willingly posting footage and evidence of such allegations on their own YT page
Can't be arsed with you Frijj. There's more to it than you know.

Last edited:

Can’t have it all ways, we either stump up or accept lesser services. Part of living in the uk

Can’t have it all ways, we either stump up or accept lesser services. Part of living in the uk

Whilst I don’t disagree I’d be surprised if funding via council tax increases isn’t harder on poorer people than funding through central taxation.
From 35 minutes onwards is when the independent councillor gets up

Can't be arsed with you Frijj. There's more to it than you know.

So you’re taking the huff because I dared to question something which you’ve claimed but presented no evidence for, and then you tell me there’s more to it than I know?

Then tell me. I’m not saying it isn’t true I’m saying you’re claiming it but presenting zero evidence.

Last edited:
Whilst I don’t disagree I’d be surprised if funding via council tax increases isn’t harder on poorer people than funding through central taxation.

So you’re taking the huff because I dared to question something which you’ve claimed but presented no evidence for, and then you tell me there’s more to it than I know?

Then tell me. I’m not saying it isn’t true I’m saying you’re claiming it but presenting zero evidence.
All taxation is harder on the less well off, just a fact of life mate. Much like the more you earn, the more you pay in tax and ni, the same will apply on the value of your property and the council tax due on that, the ones with the greater value homes will shoulder more of the burden.

All taxation is harder on the less well off, just a fact of life mate. Much like the more you earn, the more you pay in tax and ni, the same will apply on the value of your property and the council tax due on that, the ones with the greater value homes will shoulder more of the burden.

Just because it’s a fact of life, that doesn’t mean we should just brush it off.

We do but surely we can agree that the CT rises are unnecessary and the most regressive Option
We voted in a government who are unlikely to increase local government funding. Council tax rises are the only alternative.
Not at all shocked, got to pay for the new HQ and for when it floods.
It's appalling what we have to pay in Durham though.
You had the chance to vote them out.
People's choice
Democracy
You lost.
Suck it up.
Leave the county.

Have I missed anything?

Last edited:
We do but surely we can agree that the CT rises are unnecessary and the most regressive Option
I don’t really see them as regressive, I just see them as local authorities raising money for their and our needs.
My service from the council is probably minimal like the vast majority of us, I get my bins emptied and what not but understand that as a part of the community I have to pay my share towards others that use the councils services more which I don’t mind it’s all swings and roundabouts

Back