Council Points

• Thread starter Deleted member 43869
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 43869

Very simple premise. Benefits system based on a citizenship quota. Everyone carries a card. Points mean prizes.

Volunteer, keep kids in school, clean criminal record, good neighbour, actively seek work, vote regularly etc and get lots of points - best housing, lots of financial support.

Be a dickhead, anti social behaviour, criminal record, do nothing for the community, lose points - get fuck all.

I'd be all for it!

Hmm, interesting. Would probably need to be rewards based rather than punishment based.

At the end of the day you can't stick a family with 3 kids in a bedsit because the mam didn't do enough volunteering. You can't deprive some old person of social care because they were a bit of a wrang'un in their prime.

"Good neighbour" is very subjective, my favourite neighbours are the ones I don't talk to past saying "hello" when we cross paths.

Do we want people that know fuck all about policy voting? I'm not saying they should be deprived a vote but why motivate them? My sister has only voted once and that was Leave in the referendum, he motivation was getting rid of the muslims. Love her and all that but do we really want her voting for everything in return for an extra bin collection a month or something?
Alternatively, if you’re able bodied then you have to get a job or volunteer. If you don’t, you get fuck all.
I'd be fine with that as long as I can get all the tax I've paid into the system over the years in the event I find myself out of work.

Last edited:
Would probably be easier than the current system where a lot of people are full time jobseekers and have to prove they've spent a certain amount of time looking for and applying for jobs.

Then again every system is open to abuse, the people who don't give a shit now won't give a shit regardless. Can't imagine the pondlife kicking about Toward Road and the Norfolk Hotel being bothered about good citizen points.

Before people are given a leg up or penalised by the system, the system needs to be played out in a fair manner. Until it is then nothing good will be created for the majority.

Very simple premise. Benefits system based on a citizenship quota. Everyone carries a card. Points mean prizes.

Volunteer, keep kids in school, clean criminal record, good neighbour, actively seek work, vote regularly etc and get lots of points - best housing, lots of financial support.

Be a dickhead, anti social behaviour, criminal record, do nothing for the community, lose points - get fuck all.

I'd be all for it!

Hope this applies to elected members too

Back