Council gypsy road contractors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

There had been signs up in the street for a few days beforehand. Are the contractors meant to come and check every day to see if that badly parked fiat had moved yet?

we used to do that all the time when bellends didn't move their cars, just have to go back and fill it later

we did mess up once in North Shields and patched with red, looks a bit weird to this day

They claim they hadn't been notified.
They'll have done what I did once and got something through the letterbox, assumed it was junk and ignored it. I was fuming when they blocked my street off one morning. Luckily a neighbour was kicking off and I moved my car when he shifted the cones. I would have left the car outside the house and gone to work on a normal day.
I was going to complain when I got home then remembered something vaguely council related coming through a few days beforehand. Dug it out of the bin and it told me exactly what was going on.:oops:

Reactions: mux
There had been signs up in the street for a few days beforehand. Are the contractors meant to come and check every day to see if that badly parked fiat had moved yet?
Should of dragged it to the compound and charged them 120 quid release fee

we used to do that all the time when bellends didn't move their cars, just have to go back and fill it later

we did mess up once in North Shields and patched with red, looks a bit weird to this day
Are you a gypsy

Last edited:
Stupid council.

It must be traumatising for the residents, they should ask for counciling.

They'll have done what I did once and got something through the letterbox, assumed it was junk and ignored it. I was fuming when they blocked my street off one morning. Luckily a neighbour was kicking off and I moved my car when he shifted the cones. I would have left the car outside the house and gone to work on a normal day.
I was going to complain when I got home then remembered something vaguely council related coming through a few days beforehand. Dug it out of the bin and it told me exactly what was going on.:oops:
To be fair the workmen also accidentally tarmacked over some drains as well.

I cannot believe that Councilor Mordey has tried to defend them, rather than condemning them.

I'm all for supporting the council when on the odd occasion they do something good, but come on this horrendous.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/...-and-hardy-job-on-sunderland-street-1-8708921

The thing is, would it be professional to slate them whilst theyre still doing said jobs around the city?

Im sure there'll be words had behind the scenes.

Its no different to when football managers dont slate players in post match interviews for something thats undefensible. You dont wash your dirty linen in public.

Makes me laugh the echo comments though, slate them when they think theyre not being professional then slate them for not being unprofessional. Cant win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back