Could Your job Job Be Taken Over By A Robot Or Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought that nissan only hired people to do the jobs the robots couldnt (not saying you work at Nissan)
I work for a Nissan supplier. I don't think all the jobs here could be done by robot but there are some that could be. Probably too expensive to implement at the minute.

I work for a Nissan supplier. I don't think all the jobs here could be done by robot but there are some that could be. Probably too expensive to implement at the minute.
hence the thread title

Nothing good could come from creating a robot that was enough of an asshole to do my job.
traffic warden?

I suppose we all really know the answer... awake folk of course:cool:

Last edited:
I work in university research, and I know they're developing a computer allegedly capable of knocking out literature reviews on command. They might look OK to the untrained eye, but I guess (hope) they will produce nonsense.

I work in university research, and I know they're developing a computer allegedly capable of knocking out literature reviews on command. They might look OK to the untrained eye, but I guess (hope) they will produce nonsense.

Who would want a literature review written by a program??

I guess there would have to be a legal requirement to reveal.it was computer written

In the next 10 years or sooner? Is it likely to happen? What do you do?
My job is to fix problems created by both humans and by computers
So until humans stop making mistakes (accounts for both their mistakes and the computer errors), then I'm fine.

Merchandiser/Auditor for various retail brands. The job is so varied so I'm not sure it could automated.
Assuming all other things remain the same for another 10 years.

The likes of Amazon are likely to completely reshape the retail experience within the next decade.

This is my point, and it's not specifically at you, Becs. Folks are thinking in the context of the past decade, rather than looking at the possibilities of the next 10 years. Ok, a lot of it is currently unknown, but to dismiss out of hand the fact that the infrastructure surrounding your current work environment is almost certainly going to change as we move increasingly into an Internet of Things is a little short-sighted.

Who is actually doing the same job, in the same environment as they were 10 years ago anyway? I would say 90+ % of those in anything IT related for instance have probably forgotten most of what they were experts in 10 years ago.

Assuming all other things remain the same for another 10 years.

The likes of Amazon are likely to completely reshape the retail experience within the next decade.

This is my point, and it's not specifically at you, Becs. Folks are thinking in the context of the past decade, rather than looking at the possibilities of the next 10 years. Ok, a lot of it is currently unknown, but to dismiss out of hand the fact that the infrastructure surrounding your current work environment is almost certainly going to change as we move increasingly into an Internet of Things is a little short-sighted.

Who is actually doing the same job, in the same environment as they were 10 years ago anyway? I would say 90+ % of those in anything IT related for instance have probably forgotten most of what they were experts in 10 years ago.

I can't see supermarkets going completely internet only. People still seem to like to pick their own fresh fruit and veg, meats etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back