Could fans ever buy a Premier League club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not everyone would need 4k
There's many who could invest double/treble that amount. I've said on here before that the players should be made to invest as part of there salary when signing.

Why should the players invest??.....do you invest in the companies you work for?

I guess it will never happen at our level but wouldn't it be great to have a supporter owned SAFC?

30,000 of us putting £4K each in would get rid of Short

Hank could negotiate our deal with Sky
Most on here couldnt run a bairns team and the combined knowledge of the game wouldnt fill a midget's blob.
All constantly looking for someone to blame when a goal is conceded and most not happy with the going rate for players.
We'd be a conference team within 6 years.

If we owned the club, who would we blame when nee fucker wants to put in another grand each so we can so we can sign someone in January

I feel like government regulations would have to
come in for this to happen, unfortunately. Though I like the idea. I'm not opposed to business investment but for me football would benefit if clubs were mostly fan owned.

I dont think it would work like that to be fair.

Doesnt this happen in Germany?Sure I read clubs are part owned by their fans??

Doesnt this happen in Germany?Sure I read clubs are part owned by their fans??

Yes and it's a far better system.

Football clubs should be owned by members. Each member (ST holder) is a shareholder.

They elect the board to run the joint and that's it.

No Citeh
No Abramovich or Americans

(Well they could run for the board but they're never going to "own" the club).

Private ownership of clubs is whats fucked English football above all else.

Last edited:
We couldn't even agree what day it is on here ffs. Buying it would be the easy bit. Then anarchy would ensue.

If we owned the club, who would we blame when nee fucker wants to put in another grand each so we can so we can sign someone in January
The Chelsea fans!:lol:

You'd get people throwing the towel in and wanting their money back over arguments about things like pie fillings.

I guess it will never happen at our level but wouldn't it be great to have a supporter owned SAFC?

This model even struggles in the lower divisions.
Sustainability is always the challenge. If the team struggles, support dwindles and cash flow becomes a problem.
Teams like Pompey have a decent loyal hardcore. Swindon are fickle.

Not everyone would need 4k
There's many who could invest double/treble that amount. I've said on here before that the players should be made to invest as part of there salary when signing.
That is genuinely one of the most mental things I've read on here. :eek:

Could we even trust fans to run the club? Despite us being in massive debt some fans are calling Short a tight arse and saying he should allow even more spending,

Great idea but we would need to be able to buy the club for less than £5m or so to be able to. Just unrealistic in the immediate future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back