Could a human knock an ape out?

Gorillas can lift around ten times their own body weight and considering the average gorilla weighs 160kg, let’s go with, even the most powerful heavyweight boxer doesn’t stand any f***ing chance against a gorilla, whatsoever.

What if somebody got talking to the gorilla or chimp telling it about some lush bananas to distract it, then Iron Mike blindsided it and landed a massive punch on the temple, would it be knocked out then? Have they got crash helmet skulls?
Look on YouTube chimps hunting monkeys. Its David Attenborough on National Geographic.

That sounds a bit harsh. This is what happens when they've got no work to go to. Those removal men chimps on the tea adverts seemed happy

Last edited:

Have they got crash helmet skulls?

Be like punching a cobble stone. Probably shatter your hand.
Top 10 Strongest Animals
  1. Dung Beetle. A dung beetle is not only the world's strongest insect but also the strongest animal on the planet compared to body weight.
  2. Rhinoceros Beetle. Rhinoceros Beetles can lift something 850 times their own weight. ...
  3. Leafcutter ant. ...
  4. Gorilla. ...
Just found this list. Turns out gorilla's aren't even that hard. A dung beetle could 'ave it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top 10 Strongest Animals
  1. Dung Beetle. A dung beetle is not only the world's strongest insect but also the strongest animal on the planet compared to body weight.
  2. Rhinoceros Beetle. Rhinoceros Beetles can lift something 850 times their own weight. ...
  3. Leafcutter ant. ...
  4. Gorilla. ...
Just found this list. Turns out gorilla's aren't even that hard. A dung beetle could 'ave it.

If a Gorilla is number 4, we'll have to say they would safely take Tyson Fury out.

Unless it is a friendly gorilla and Tyson gives it a few smiles...

Top 10 Strongest Animals
  3. Leafcutter ant. ...
  4. Gorilla. ...

Strength relative to your size means nothing. They say if a flea was the size of a human they could jump the English channel. But they're not and they can't.
It's like saying Usain Bolt who can run at nearly 30mph, if he was the size of an elephant he'd be able to run at 90mph.

Could a dung beetle survive me throwing a paving slab at it? Probably not. Could a gorilla? Maybe. Could a human? Maybe.

Comes back to the question, could an ape take a punch from a lethal heavyweight? The man in the street would suffer life changing injuries and possible death if peak Tyson decided to smack him in the face.
Tyson might break his hand smacking a gorilla but would it stun it or even knock it out. I guess we'll never know. I'd love to see that fight though

Edit; just to be clear when I'm saying Tyson that I'm referring to Mike Tyson and not Tyson Fury.

Last edited:
Strength relative to your size means nothing. They say if a flea was the size of a human they could jump the English channel. But they're not and they can't.
It's like saying Usain Bolt who can run at nearly 30mph, if he was the size of an elephant he'd be able to run at 90mph.

Could a dung beetle survive me throwing a paving slab at it? Probably not. Could a gorilla? Maybe. Could a human? Maybe.

Comes back to the question, could an ape take a punch from a lethal heavyweight? The man in the street would suffer life changing injuries and possible death if peak Tyson decided to smack him in the face.
Tyson might break his hand smacking a gorilla but would it stun it or even knock it out. I guess we'll never know. I'd love to see that fight though

Yeah but imagine a gorilla sized dung beetle!

Its a good question to be fair. I can't help feeling like it wouldn't even flinch.

Edit; just to be clear when I'm saying Tyson that I'm referring to Mike Tyson and not Tyson Fury.

eh? Mike Tyson be lucky to beat a camel at this stage

Timing is crucial. You’d have to go for them mid morning when they’ve got aprons on having a cup of PG Tips in their suburban kitchen. After dinner they’re a different beast. They’d rip your balls off before you’d strapped your gloves on.

I believe a female chimp has more force production capabilities in a single arm than the world record deadlift for a human male. It would be a messy death.
Think I heard a mature chimp is about 8 times stronger than a human . As for knocking out a gorrilla , 🔔⚰️
I don't think the average man in the street has a chance.
Put somebody like Anthony Joshua, Mike Tyson etc, somebody with immense punching power. If they land one before they're under attack properly they may have a chance.
Are ape skulls like crash helmets? I reckon peak Tyson could break a gorillas jaw
Might, but it wouldn't stop it pulling his arms off as a reply . Look at the traps on a gorrilla , you couldn't rotate its head a millimetre with a punch .

Last edited:
Well you'll obviously lose if you let it punch you mate. The trick is to rush them before they get a chance.
It's that simple. Rush them, making sure you keep their arms in whilst you pin them to the ground. Then use your body weight to keep them down until they submit. All the proper hard lads know this is the ultimate tactic. When the enemy is knackered, you can then chin them with your fists, head, baseball bat, bit of scaffolding etc

Not confident I could take any primate above marmoset! Would probably bite me piercing an artery and just dance about looking cute whilst I bled out.

Back