Could a human knock an ape out?

They don't look that hard though. If they were that strong I'd expect to see them do more impressive shit like snap a tree in half!

Tbf if you've spent your childhood moving sideboards and pianos up and down stairs you're gonna be canny tough
FROM Quora...

If we assume that the average human can bench press their body weight, and the average gorilla is about 300 pounds, we can conclude that a gorilla could bench press anywhere from 1800–4500 pounds, depending on age, gender, nutrition, and tons of other factors.

Handy!

Right, but just cos they're strong does that mean they can take a punch?

Last edited:

Tbf if you've spent your childhood moving sideboards and pianos up and down stairs you're gonna be canny tough

Right, but just cos they're strong does that mean they can take a punch?

They're pretty fast. You wouldn't get chance to pop a jab on his beak never mind a straight right. Your head would be popped like a balloon before you could say 'Dian Fossey.'

They're pretty fast. You wouldn't get chance to pop a jab on his beak never mind a straight right. Your head would be popped like a balloon before you could say 'Dian Fossey.'

I don't think the average man in the street has a chance.
Put somebody like Anthony Joshua, Mike Tyson etc, somebody with immense punching power. If they land one before they're under attack properly they may have a chance.
Are ape skulls like crash helmets? I reckon peak Tyson could break a gorillas jaw

I don't think the average man in the street has a chance.
Put somebody like Anthony Joshua, Mike Tyson etc, somebody with immense punching power. If they land one before they're under attack properly they may have a chance.
Are ape skulls like crash helmets? I reckon peak Tyson could break a gorillas jaw

I hope Eddie Hearn stumbles across this thread.

Technically, we're all apes so yes a human could knock an ape out.
Except the OP who is prosimian at best :lol:
In what has been a really shit time for us since Christmas the thread title and opening post has seriously made me and mrs g piss ourselves laughing.. well done op, you've cheered us right up...well done

By the way I reckon I'd knack a capuchin.. the ones in monkey world look soft as shite.
Not an ape though. Get with the program :lol:

Last edited:
Last edited:
In a square go could a big punching heavyweight like Anthony Joshua, George Foreman or Mike Tyson put a gorilla out cold? I think possible but difficult. Tyson Fury has the speed and agility to maybe fend of an agitated gorilla for a bit but not the punching power imo. Need a one punch man to end it quickly. If at all.

The average man in the street would probably have his face and testicles ripped off before he knew he was in a fight. Even coming down to the level of a chimp vs the average man.

Orangutans seem placid but reckon they'd be tough if it kicked off. Would fancy a cruiserweight or heavyweight to beat an orangutan.
Gorillas can lift around ten times their own body weight and considering the average gorilla weighs 160kg, let’s go with, even the most powerful heavyweight boxer doesn’t stand any f***ing chance against a gorilla, whatsoever.

Back