Coughlin gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
they've hardly played due to injuries, nowt to do with contracts
Don't forget Hickey is a 20 year old on a 6 month development contract. At the time of his injury he had been selected to open the batting and also bowl his quota of overs in the T20. I would say that made him a pretty key part of the T20 set up. Sadly the lad got a bad injury whilst being selected for the 1st team.
If the club believe he is not good enough then fair enough but under the circumstances I think it is a mean decision by the club. Arshad is different much further down the line in terms of his career and a number of younger players have progressed past him.

Go back and read the thread properly.

I didn't claim that stories HAVE been made up. Someone else stated that could be the case - to which I said what you quoted: "If true, etc.......".
I said it was the case.

the way I read it

1 person said "imagine X wa leaving what would be your attitude then"

someone else jumped to the conclusion the X was actually leaving .... queue pandemonium.
Playing devils advocate.......should durham give someone like Adam Hickey, who's been injured for most of the year, out of loyalty......

this is the start of the Hickey leaving discussion ..... he didn't say he was he said 'imagine if'

I said it was the case.

the way I read it

1 person said "imagine X wa leaving what would be your attitude then"

someone else jumped to the conclusion the X was actually leaving .... queue pandemonium.

this is the start of the Hickey leaving discussion ..... he didn't say he was he said 'imagine if'

He did in his next post:

So we have Arshad and Hickey being released after spending most of the season injured.......where is Durham so called loyalty to them I wonder?!?

Will Sir Beefy come out and talk to the press now.......thought not!

Plus the first post you quoted needs a code breaker to work out what he's trying to say - as I addressed elsewhere. Offer him what? Seems the poster forgot to finish his own post off before clicking 'Post Reply'.

It's hard to understand someone who doesn't complete sentences......

Reactions: Bri
unless you're on a pay as you play deal.

like I have said, they have both been well looked after at Durham, financially and during rehab.

Something which Coughlin repaid by not leaving at the end of the 2016 season when he had the chance. He stayed on another year and will now move on. Do you expect them to never leave the North East in their careers simply because they get paid a wage for the job they do?

Something which Coughlin repaid by not leaving at the end of the 2016 season when he had the chance. He stayed on another year and will now move on. Do you expect them to never leave the North East in their careers simply because they get paid a wage for the job they do?

They can leave it they want as I've always said. I've never once said they must stay at Durham forever.

He did in his next post:

Plus the first post you quoted needs a code breaker to work out what he's trying to say - as I addressed elsewhere. Offer him what? Seems the poster forgot to finish his own post off before clicking 'Post Reply'.

He did in his next post:

Well from what iam hearing it looks like the code breaker is spot on. Pity the club couldn't be arsed to inform their followers.

Well from what iam hearing it looks like the code breaker is spot on. Pity the club couldn't be arsed to inform their followers.

I'm sure they will when the time is right, seeing how it isn't in the public domain yet - they've done nothing wrong?!

It's still just rumour from unconfirmed sources isn't it?

I've been told by someone, I have no reason to believe they're lying, but nor can I verify their status as being in the know.

unless you're on a pay as you play deal.

like I have said, they have both been well looked after at Durham, financially and during rehab.
These lads aren't though and Durham were fully aware of that when they put contract under their noses. They have done what they are contractually obliged to do, no more.

The problem with arshad was that his injury wasn't managed properly. A source close to Arshad told me that the same thing he had ankle surgery for just before this season, was what was troubling him last season, just not treated seriously (i.e. Rest and steroid injections only temporarily managing his pain, when all he needed was surgery tocure the problem). This unfortunately resulted in him missing half the season, and then not even getting a chance thereafter.

Seeing him play a few times this year for the seconds, I'm gutted to see him go, especially not being given a chance to prove himself.

Regarding Coughlin, I wish him all the best, great batter but has a lot of work to do on his bowling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back