Coughlin gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we have Arshad and Hickey being released after spending most of the season injured.......where is Durham so called loyalty to them I wonder?!?

Will Sir Beefy come out and talk to the press now.......thought not!

has hickey been released? that's news to me.

and you could argue that as arshad has been employed for the last two or three years to play a mixture of seconds cricket and occasional white ball whilst mainly being injured he's been shown ample 'loyalty'

has hickey been released? that's news to me.

and you could argue that as arshad has been employed for the last two or three years to play a mixture of seconds cricket and occasional white ball whilst mainly being injured he's been shown ample 'loyalty'
I think that's how a rumour starts ..... it was just raised as a hypothetical example - at least I thought it was.

So we have Arshad and Hickey being released after spending most of the season injured.......where is Durham so called loyalty to them I wonder?!?

Will Sir Beefy come out and talk to the press now.......thought not!

Can you show us your working out please afar?

Playing devils advocate.......should durham give someone like Adam Hickey, who's been injured for most of the year, out of loyalty......

Give someone like Adam Hickey what? A medal? A marsbar? Cheeky Nando's?

Last edited:
If that's true, it's f***ing pathetic.
And if its true then its more shabby PR from the club who fail to keep their followers up to date with official news. If players have been released then the club should be keeping people updated.

i don't quite get why people are coming out slagging off the club for not dishing out more, bigger & longer contracts to fringe players at this of all times.
And I don't get why people are slagging off players for leaving for bigger and longer contracts, surely it goes both ways.

I was talking about people that make stories up in order to beat the club up.
What stories have been made up on this thread ?Someone has come on and stated that two our our players have been released and there has been nothing from the club. Considering one of them is begining his rehab from a bad injury then if it is true that is shocking from the club.

Jennings is off I'm led to believe

Hope it's not true

Ok then so if Durham want all the credit for developing him then they must take responsibility for not developing a lot of other lads who they couldn't get to the point of coggers. Can't have it all ways I'm afraid.
I have no issue with people being disappointed but some of the things said about him on here are out of order.

Good god

You are all over the place here. Good to see you getting called out about it

Absolute nonsense

Jennings is off I'm led to believe

Hope it's not true

Good god

You are all over the place here. Good to see you getting called out about it

Absolute nonsense
All over the place, I couldn't be more consistent :lol:
For the slow lads at the back of the class like yourself I'll repeat again.
Durham will only offer contracts and invest time and resources into players they think are good enough. This is acting in their own interests which i have no issue with at all, that's top level sport.
Players (and coggers will have seen this with lads he's played with) will be released and have to make their own way in the game should they be deemed not good enough . This would've happened to coughlin if Durham had believed it to be the case.
To sum up neither Durham or the player are at fault here, clubs look after themselves as should players. Not a massive amount of money swilling around county cricket and coggers may not get this chance again.
Best of luck to the lad.

What stories have been made up on this thread ?Someone has come on and stated that two our our players have been released and there has been nothing from the club. Considering one of them is begining his rehab from a bad injury then if it is true that is shocking from the club.

Go back and read the thread properly.

I didn't claim that stories HAVE been made up. Someone else stated that could be the case - to which I said what you quoted: "If true, etc.......".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back