Costs of Extermal Auditors

Those Audit fees do seem excessive. I work for a large organisation with over £1bn turnover and £500m assets and our audit fee is only approx £80k

Anyone have dealings with External auditors coming into work (mainly the big audit companies ).
I would class us as a small-medium size co , profit bout 300 k pa but only handful of staff , the auditors we use have quoted £29k to do next years audit (and£5k to calculate our corporation tax ).
Are we getting out pants pulled down or is that the norm .
Ideally we only want our accounts audited not all the systems etc etc .
Interested if any other posters deal with the big auditing companies
That's a batshit mental fee. I'd expect more like £10k - £15k including tax for a company that size.

I wouldn't use the big 4 unless I was a multinational group. And even then I don't see why they are worth the premium (and I used to work for one of them).

I also wouldn't get an audit unless I was over the threshold or a shareholder was insisting on it.

In the North East, I'd recommend UNW over the others mentioned.

@Fletch I am a partner in a small firm based in Gateshead who still carry out audits (I am ex Big 4). I can give a few names and contacts with other firms if you want. Happy to chat.

Aye they are one of the big 4
That’ll explain it then - try a smaller firm.

I did my training with a large (but not big 4) firm, then moved to a small firm when I qualified. My trainee charge out rate at the firm I trained at was higher than the partner charge out rate at the smaller firm!

Ahybody recommend a north east company who do full external audits on the annual accounts and do corporation tax calcs and advice ?
Not the big4 as too expensive but also not some bloke in his home office on own.
Cheers
Torgersons in Sunderland big enough but small enough if you get where I'm coming from.

Back