Costello last night

Sam Handwich

Striker
Following on from the music post last night. Elvis seemed to have mare on Graham Norton last night. So much so that they have dubbed a glitch over his entire performance in the Iplayer.

He was in the news lately about wanting to put Olivers army in a sealed vault
Also complaining he'll only be remembered for cover versions
I liked his band back in the day ,but his arty thespian troubadour persona after I've no i time for
The cool press seem to love him

I liked his band back in the day ,but his arty thespian troubadour persona after I've no i time for
Never thought any of his covers were much cop TBH. Apart from I Can't Stand Up. I would have thought he would be remembered for Alison, Chelsea, Detectives and OA above all else.
He always seemed too keen to try and stay relevant and a lot of style changes fell flat

Think I've said on here before but I'd say he was responsible for one of the best gigs I've been to and one of the worst.
He played at City Hall with the Attractions and it was superb. Blown away by how good they were live.
Then saw him on his own at the Tyne Theatre. Beforehand I spoke to some bloke who'd seen him the night before in Glasgow and loved it so much that he travelled to Newcastle to see him again. He sang the whole of his new album without a backing band. It was all very clever and interesting and worthy but God it was dull.
I'm a fan but he can disappear up his own hoop at times.

He’s on saturday kitchen at the moment regaling us with his story of being in Sunderland on your for the first time in 40 years and being in the St James dressing room - the drink has got him daft

He’s on saturday kitchen at the moment regaling us with his story of being in Sunderland on your for the first time in 40 years and being in the St James dressing room - the drink has got him daft
Caught that as well. It was the Sid James dressing room.
Never came up for breath did Elvis like

Discovered EC 1977, loved his work for years until after Brutal Youth in mid 90s, the last of his albums I liked. Saw him at Rock on the Tyne 1981, superb. Lost a bit of interest after BY and don't follow his new stuff so much, not that keen tbh, but still play the older albums.

I'm a fan and the new album with The Imposters (the Attractions with one replacement and a supplementary guitarist) is far better than his previous release with them with Steve Nieve's keyboards featuring heavily. I've not listened to swathes of his back catalogue when he disappeared off an a different musical quest to that which he commenced his career. My first gig was Elvis and the Attractions supported by The Pogues at Newcastle City Hall in 1984.

I thought he said that as well...but he said Sid James. then went on to say it was haunted.
He seems to be a bit of a rambling idiot mind

I thought he said that as well...but he said Sid James. then went on to say it was haunted.
He seems to be a bit of a rambling idiot mind
Surely everyone knas the story behind that?

Came across fine to me. Tebbutt gets reet on me tits though. James Martin is the King of Saturday morning cooking.

Back