CostCo.

If you don't want to pay an annual fee but want warehouse style shopping try JTF on the Tyne tunnel ind est. You have to join to buy anything but it's free and you can look around the place without joining. It's three linked warehouses and pretty well massive. Some of the stuff is B&M prices and quality but there are some good buys and prices. What it does have is a very big choice under one roof. Well three roofs really.

JTF Mega Discount Warehouse | JTF

I love it me, sone bargains to ne had definitely. They get some nice polo tops into normally 35 pound a pop. Booze isn't really cheaper, but the food is decent. If you like a few of the chain restaurants you can pick 40 quid vouchers up for 25 quid or something like that, which is a good saving, namdos, pizza express etc

Decent food, cakes and the like, but it's easy to blast through a couple of hundred quid by the time you've walked round. As said above, always plenty of tee shirts and the like on offer too

I like Costco for some stuff, the fuel and lorne sausage in particular. The downsides are the massive queues, people shamelessly huddling around the free handouts, parents letting their feral kids run wild and like someone else said each visit is at least £100! I try to visit just on 10:00 or just before it closes.

Good for car tyres, bulk buying certain beers (but not always), contact lenses and apparently glasses although I haven't got those myself. Used to love going over before a party back in uni days, huge takeaway pizza for an absolute bargain price.

My grandparents like to go because they do filled jacket potatoes for about £1.50 and a cuppa is under a quid.

Back