CostCo.

Is membership worth it?

Had a flyer through the door and the lass has mentioned it before and is pestering us to join. But I dont know anyone who is a member or has used it before?

Whenever I've been to price jobs in there it's been absolutely f***ing heaving. That's no guarantee of quality mind but it's very very popular.

Is membership worth it?

Had a flyer through the door and the lass has mentioned it before and is pestering us to join. But I dont know anyone who is a member or has used it before?

Depends how often you choose to use it.
Paid for it once, spent thirty quid on shite and didn’t go back that year. So basically paid more than double.

Is membership worth it?

I have it - good for fuel and if you pick and choose what you want, some good bargains to be had. Good quality too. Mind I never spend less than £100 when I go. We actually call it the £100 shop :lol:

You'll love it at first but then the novelty wears off. We packed ours in because we could never be bothered to go all the way to Gateshead. If you are someone who is at the Metro every week then this is unlikely to be an issue. Some things are cheap, some things aren't. Some things are but only if you are prepared to buy silly amounts. Give it a go. You can always pack it in after a year if you don't feel your getting your money's worth.

Been a member since it opened the fresh food is superb and the quality of the goods are excellent and a lot used to come with lifetime guarantees (not sure if that’s still the same). The takeaway food counter is also great for dinner for very little cost - jacket spud with cheese and coleslaw for £1.50 iirc

Used the Bushy one 25 yrs ago for a few years. The clothes were great. Ralph Lauren shirts, jumper and other labels were very reasonable at the time.
As were boxes of meat but our neatest is now Bristol and that’s just daft. Beer and wine was cheaper in the supermarket

Make your money back on bog roll and bottled water.
The mince pies at Christmas are great.
Beer’s cheaper at the supermarket other than Stella

Make your money back on bog roll and bottled water.
The mince pies at Christmas are great.
Beer’s cheaper at the supermarket other than Stella
Lidl do 12 bottles of water, half litre? for £1.49 and Tesco for £1.50.

It would have to be seriously cheap to justify the drive from Durham

Do you have to buy the fresh stuff in large amounts? Theres only two of us so would be waste if we had to by mangoes by the dozen!
Unfortunately with it being a wholesale shop the produce tends to be sold in larger quantities which is fine for some things that have a long shelf life or can be frozen but not sure about their fruit and veg having never bought it from there.

It's the cleaning stuff that is worth it. Some not necessarily massively cheaper but you pay value supermarket prices fur brand names. Not everything so do check. Canny for razors and shaving gel too. We normally go 2-3 times a year and spend about 100-150. Normally saving the membership fee or more on each trip approximately. Obviously you need to store the stuff as the sizes are massive. The kitchen roll and bin bags are unbeatable quality imo. As people have said the meat is also fantastic quality but not cheap, fair prices though

We had a membership years back. Stopped it because we weren't using it, but I'm interested in renewing now. I remember when we first signed up that the manager told us that there's a lifetime guarantee on everything. He told us that a bloke returned a ten year old TV for a full refund because it had packed up. They offered a replacement for the same value he bought it for, or cash back. Hoping the offer's still the same now, we're in the market for a new telly ourselves!

Back