Costco

Just signed up to the new company shop in Washington. Loads of surplus stock from the major supermarkets at rock bottom prices - so I’m told - to staff who work in food industry and emergency services.

I used to have a Costco membership for eons but I only really used to buy bulk water packs as it was cheaper than the regular groceries. I has a professional water filtration system installed when I bought the house so I haven't been there in eons.

There were a few items that you could find cheaper, but nothing that is going to make shopping there worth having the membership. Unless you're buying for resale.

they are doing sign ups at work on Thursday are they worth having like
It depends what your after..bulk buying yes ,we do it already for bog rolls, washing up stuff. If your a small retailer ,definitely..Meat wise for beef and steaks, lamb extra, Morrison's and Sainsburys are probably just as competitive. fresh bakery decent though.

Good chicken nuggets and pigs ears if you have a dog. Some nice stuff but not really any cheaper than elsewhere for most stuff.

Definitely worth it for the fuel alone. It's Premium for the same price as regular in Supermarkets/Garages.
Because it's Premium, it generally lasts longer and better for your engine.

As others have mentioned, some stuff is worth it, some not so much.
I find the meat and poultry relatively cheap in comparison to supermarkets. The mince, for example, is about £18 and you can separate it into 8-10 sections for the freezer and it's fantastic quality (doesn't shrink when cooked).
Supermarket mince is £4.50-£5 for one meals worth and is shit quality.

they are doing sign ups at work on Thursday are they worth having like
Signing up will be one of your greatest decisions not only of 2018, but also of your entire life.

I first had the privilege of going to the greatest store on earth when I was a kid, working in a cafe and the boss needed a hand picking up stock. It's a world of aspirational items. I pretty much made a list of stuff I wanted for the next trip and saved all my wages up so I could buy CAT boots, tubs of midget gems, loads of blank CDs, Lee jeans (one pair had rips in at the knee...this was back in 2000 so I was ahead of the curve), box of flakes as in the kind that went in 99s plus loads of other amazing stuff. I sometimes think now, as an adult with proper disposable income, how many things I could buy in order to stockpile and make life long savings, but for some reason, I don't have/have not until this very moment persued my childhood dreams. You have the golden ticket right in front of you.

Take it. Be the best version of you that you can be. Buy a jukebox, a massive trampoline, an F1 triple screen game simulator for that spare room that you never knew would have a purpose.

We were a member of the Watford one in late 90s and it was topper if you like your top brands on clothes, ysl, Ralph Lauren, etc. Great for good sunnies and watches and jetskis! Not been in for nearly 20 years though

Back