Costco

Once you’ve added the vat on there’s little difference between them and a supermarket, and you end up with 36 tins of tomatoes in your cupboard.

Things its good for.....
Washing Liquid (for clothes)
Washing Liquid (for dishes)
Bog Roll
Kitchen Roll
Bin Bags
Teabags
Some food items (the spicy chicken pieces are amazing)
Soft drinks (when on offer)
Some clothing items

Not good for...
Most food items (used to be excellent value about 15 years ago)
Alcohol - I cant see why they bother selling it as its dearer than most supermarkets

Costco used to be a great cash and carry but in the last ten years their prices are comparable to, as others have stated, supermarket prices and offer little other value for the cost of membership. Yes fuel is at a discounted rate and good value if you use it frequently.

Things its good for.....
Washing Liquid (for clothes)
Washing Liquid (for dishes)
Bog Roll
Kitchen Roll
Bin Bags
Teabags
Some food items (the spicy chicken pieces are amazing)
Soft drinks (when on offer)
Some clothing items

Not good for...
Most food items (used to be excellent value about 15 years ago)
Alcohol - I cant see why they bother selling it as its dearer than most supermarkets

Costco used to be a great cash and carry but in the last ten years their prices are comparable to, as others have stated, supermarket prices and offer little other value for the cost of membership. Yes fuel is at a discounted rate and good value if you use it frequently.
My shopping list for there is pretty much similar +
Coffee for work
Chicken
Always fill up with posh fuel as same price as standard at asda

Might try out Costco.
Got a day pass for Makro on Saturday, what a load of shit.
Upstairs is closed, no work-wear, very little stationery / office stuff, no electricals.
A thorough mooch revealed only certain catering things were cheaper (like jars of chives, oregano, sauces and the like). Oh, and black pudding - £2.49 for a full one, our lass was delighted.

Might try out Costco.
Got a day pass for Makro on Saturday, what a load of shit.
Upstairs is closed, no work-wear, very little stationery / office stuff, no electricals.
A thorough mooch revealed only certain catering things were cheaper (like jars of chives, oregano, sauces and the like). Oh, and black pudding - £2.49 for a full one, our lass was delighted.
Did she have all of it?:lol::lol:

Back