Costa Rica

Planning on going in November. The reading I've done shows
The beaches are shit hot
Its an ecological master piece
Its fairly safe
Roads are dodgy so hire a 4 wheeler
Plenty of Air B&B (travelling independently)
People are friendly
Booze and grub are fine
November can be rainy but its warm
Bryan Oveido was born there

I served in the Costa Rican army for 3 years.
Apparently Costa Rica doesn't have a standing army

Planning on going in November. The reading I've done shows
The beaches are shit hot
Its an ecological master piece
Its fairly safe
Roads are dodgy so hire a 4 wheeler
Plenty of Air B&B (travelling independently)
People are friendly
Booze and grub are fine
November can be rainy but its warm
Bryan Oveido was born there

Apparently Costa Rica doesn't have a standing army
I know :lol::lol:

been a few times, but like others have already said I also much preferred both Panama and Nicaragua... Costa Rica is probably closest to the USA in attitude/style (not everybody's cup of tea)… similar nature/views to Panama but when I travel its all about attitude of locals.
I believe most charter flights from Europe to Central America go to Costa Rica? (so much more tourists)

On one trip I travelled all way up from Panama City to Mexico City (took me around 7 weeks) but still remember my bus journey from David (place in Panama) up to San Jose and the roads in certain parts once in Costa Rica were scariest I've ever travelled on (cliff top climbs by dodgy drivers) … the hour time difference on walk over at Panama/Costa Rica border was also amusing... San Jose is typical latin American city but had more interesting time in other Central American countries.
People say Costa Rica is safe, but has highest rate of unexplained deaths of foreign nationals in Central Americas after Mexico... so stats wise more risky than Nicaragua and Guatemala, or even El Salvador and Hondurus… that said, few tourists visit El Sal or Hondurus these days ;)

Back