Cost of food items rocketing

Wife sent me out to the Co-op for a can of baked beans yesterday. £1.40 for Heinz. Branston's were on offer, 2 for £1.20, so went for them instead. There was me thinking beans are 30-40p.

(Chatting with our plumber this morning. He went to London yesterday with some mates to see a show. Offered to get in a round. Five 330ml bottles of Estrella cost him £41.)

Co-op generally is quite expensive.
Can generally get 4 tins of Branston for £2 elsewhere. Used to be £1.25

Wife sent me out to the Co-op for a can of baked beans yesterday. £1.40 for Heinz. Branston's were on offer, 2 for £1.20, so went for them instead. There was me thinking beans are 30-40p.

(Chatting with our plumber this morning. He went to London yesterday with some mates to see a show. Offered to get in a round. Five 330ml bottles of Estrella cost him £41.)
Damm.

Morrisons, I think are ramping up prices faster than most. cannot be sure though.

I like my strawberry Skyr yoghurt for breakfast and it was £1 in tesco at the beginning of the year, it then jumped to £1.25, was in morrisons the other night and it was £2.
Prices have risen faster at Morrisons. Apparently they are the biggest food producer in the UK so have been stung more than other supermarkets on the rise of raw materials.

Back