Cost of food items rocketing

Mackemansj1

Striker
Anyone else noticed this, I keep a pretty tight budget for food and tend to buy the same things almost every week. Some of the items I buy jumped up by 30p over night. I pity parents with kids who are already stretching the budget the fact multiple items have shot up by 30p on top of how expensive everything else is becoming there has to be a breaking point somewhere.

Anyone else noticed this, I keep a pretty tight budget for food and tend to buy the same things almost every week. Some of the items I buy jumped up by 30p over night. I pity parents with kids who are already stretching the budget the fact multiple items have shot up by 30p on top of how expensive everything else is becoming there has to be a breaking point somewhere.
Yup it's really worrying.

The butter snobs on here will know that their favourite spread - Lurpak - has shot up in price to well over £4 for a 500g tub.
It was £4.49 in Morrisons the other day.

The Aldi version is £2.09 for the same 500g tub.

I shall be buying the cheapest. I can't tell the difference to be honest.

The butter snobs on here will know that their favourite spread - Lurpak - has shot up in price to well over £4 for a 500g tub.

Lurpak is f*****g class. A good 2cm thick layering on cold toast is perfection.

Some foods I can happily swap for a cheaper alternative, butter ain’t one of them.

The more expensive gas, electricity and diesel gets the more everything else does. Shite times, that above average wage goes nowhere these days

Petfood and toilet roll next
Toilet roll will be victim shrink flation, pack size not sheet size

milk up 15p a litre in last couple months and it's going even higher soon

Back