Coronavirus compendium thread

Occasionally I like to bump this as it makes me chuckle

Aye, interesting read. Some clued up posters there. I for one thought it would be nothing, just one of those things that happens in China and surrounding countries from time to time. I was on a cruise in the Caribbean, January/February 2020, and saw bits of what was happening in China on the news and didn't really take any notice, just glanced at the telly now and again when I was getting ready. I still wasn't taking any notice at the beginning of March and then one night was looking for something to watch on YouTube and accidentally clicked on a documentary with Dutch virologists. The explanation as to why this particular virus was/is a virologist's nightmare, soon clued me in.

I suppose a lot of people, including myself, were making assumptions when knowing absolutely nothing about viruses. Absolutely mental and heartbreaking remembering those scenes in Italy in March and in this country during April. The upheaval and damage in this country in such a short space of time still takes some believing, 'like something out of a film.

Kids definitely do spread it. But schools were never a driver of infection, they just reflected high community prevalence. Shutting schools is the biggest mistake in the whole Covid response.
I did see a link to a paper on med/covid twitter recently which actually said the opposite. I'm not an advocate of closing education but I do think we could have done more in terms of ventilation and air purification. We didn't even try.

I did see a link to a paper on med/covid twitter recently which actually said the opposite. I'm not an advocate of closing education but I do think we could have done more in terms of ventilation and air purification. We didn't even try.
Yes more should have been done with ventilation but the vast majority of the research shows school closures were unnecessary.

Back