Coronavirus compendium thread

Yes, I know that, and that is one reason why I was saying it is more serious than people were considering. However, my original point was that the WHO statisticians will already have run the calculations and the way that the virus does not show symptoms for 14+ days means that it will spread geometrically in mathematical terms. There is pretty much no way to contain it if the virus transmission rate (which is still also unknown) is as high as it is first appearing. By the time someone has quarantined themselves due to symptoms showing, they will have already exposed multiple others to the virus, some who will then contract the virus and go on to expose others before they then quarantine themselves etc.
Aye agreed, it's impossible to stop it, but the government will take measures to contain it as best they can, hence the quarantine measures. I cannot see mass gatherings allowed to continue until this is sorted, won't be surprised if it's announced on Monday after Boris has had his COBRA meeting.

This may seem really stupid as well and dunno why I done it but there was a Chinese lass in the queue at shop.

I stood an extra few feet back... don't mind Chinese people at all and not racist.

Wonder if there will be a new thing for this as I won't be the only person who would think the same was over cautious but I wasn't disrespectful.

I imagine the good bunch of lads may get a bit of a hard time in near future :neutral:

Why has northern Italy had a lot of the virus ? Have they tracked people travelling in from China etc ?

As I understand they were unable or failed to identify and subsequently quarantine the carrier who bought the disease in to country. Don’t know why

This may seem really stupid as well and dunno why I done it but there was a Chinese lass in the queue at shop.

I stood an extra few feet back... don't mind Chinese people at all and not racist.

Wonder if there will be a new thing for this as I won't be the only person who would think the same was over cautious but I wasn't disrespectful.

I imagine the good bunch of lads may get a bit of a hard time in near future :neutral:

More or less what happened with Asians with haversacks after the London tube bombings

I read today that wearing a mask may stop you spreading it if you already have it, but will do the square root of fuck all to stop you getting it. The Guardian know best though, I suppose.

More or less what happened with Asians with haversacks after the London tube bombings

I feel for them as I know I'm not racist but I stood back a bit.

Hopefully they find a cure and we move on but I've got a feeling this may get a bit worse before gets better yet.

not too long ago...

yeah Im a theorist

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you’re suggesting what I think you’re suggesting it’s backfired hasn’t it

I read today that wearing a mask may stop you spreading it if you already have it, but will do the square root of fuck all to stop you getting it. The Guardian know best though, I suppose.

Would need goggles too.. full on gask masks.

All the people who got called nutters for buying gask masks are laughing now :lol:

If I had loads of coin I'd buy a shit loads of masks sell like hotcakes.
If you’re suggesting what I think you’re suggesting it’s backfired hasn’t it

He suggesting this was Iran? :lol::lol::lol:

They’ve been pushing that message as well on radio and tV today

Would need goggles too.. full on gask masks.

All the people who got called nutters for buying gask masks are laughing now :lol:

If I had loads of coin I'd buy a shit loads of masks sell like hotcakes.

He suggesting this was Iran? :lol::lol::lol:

I bought a full gas mask a couple of year ago for dancy dress but lost it at a house party. Having to make do with a snorkel for this now
Unknown Brit, not named.

Was fron that ship though wasnt it and they were the only brits on it. Or at least that was what was being reported at the time.

Yeah its just for catching your snot and cough particles basically, unless you have one of those proper lethal ones.

I bought a full gas mask a couple of year ago for dancy dress but lost it at a house party. Having to make do with a snorkel for this now

Was fron that ship though wasnt it and they were the only brits on it. Or at least that was what was being reported at the time.
Nah there's 35 brits on the ship apparently.

Back