Coronavirus compendium thread

Aye agreed, it's impossible to stop it, but the government will take measures to contain it as best they can, hence the quarantine measures. I cannot see mass gatherings allowed to continue until this is sorted, won't be surprised if it's announced on Monday after Boris has had his COBRA meeting.
I agree - monday is when people panic lol

was just thinking about mortality rates for this outbreak.
1-2 % for Mr/mrs average.
But quite a bit higher if you have an ailment of some sort that makes you at more risk.
I've seen 20 % mentioned for weaker already ill, and a bit lower for the aged but healthy.
May not be remembering the % correctly, but when i read the BBC website info, i calculated that my likely group are about 3 to 5 %.
Fit and healthy, but what could be considered elderly. Must say, i've had seasonal flu only once and it hit me fairly hard. Was bedridden for 2 days and thought i was dying. But was only about 40 then.

Just had the following email:

Dear hellsbells,
We want to let you know that we’re experiencing exceptionally high demand at the moment. More people than usual seem to be placing particularly large orders. As a result, delivery slots are selling out quicker than expected.
We suggest following these useful tips to avoid any disappointment:
Place your order a little further in advance than you might normally. Ideally, try two or three days before.
If you can be flexible, book yourself a weekday delivery (Monday–Thursday) instead of a weekend one. We’re unusually busy Friday to Saturday at the moment.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Ocado Customer Service team

Hmmmmm.

was just thinking about mortality rates for this outbreak.
1-2 % for Mr/mrs average.
But quite a bit higher if you have an ailment of some sort that makes you at more risk.
I've seen 20 % mentioned for weaker already ill, and a bit lower for the aged but healthy.
May not be remembering the % correctly, but when i read the BBC website info, i calculated that my likely group are about 3 to 5 %.
Fit and healthy, but what could be considered elderly. Must say, i've had seasonal flu only once and it hit me fairly hard. Was bedridden for 2 days and thought i was dying. But was only about 40 then.
Its ages since I've had the proper flu. Probably 20 years. But I do remember feeling that shit that you do almost feel like you're dying. But knew I clearly wasnt. In this climate with this coronavirus I bet itd be fecking scary if you did pick it up.

I do think this has the potential to be something like what we've never experienced before. Mass closure of schools, public transport shut down in certain areas, sporting events cancelled in large numbers, holidays cancelled enmass etc. It'll cripple the economy if it does get there.

If I had any shares I'd be selling them and whacking them in something safer.

Just had the following email:

Dear hellsbells,
We want to let you know that we’re experiencing exceptionally high demand at the moment. More people than usual seem to be placing particularly large orders. As a result, delivery slots are selling out quicker than expected.
We suggest following these useful tips to avoid any disappointment:

Place your order a little further in advance than you might normally. Ideally, try two or three days before.

If you can be flexible, book yourself a weekday delivery (Monday–Thursday) instead of a weekend one. We’re unusually busy Friday to Saturday at the moment.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Ocado Customer Service team

Hmmmmm.
Go to Aldi.

Its ages since I've had the proper flu. Probably 20 years. But I do remember feeling that shit that you do almost feel like you're dying. But knew I clearly wasnt. In this climate with this coronavirus I bet itd be fecking scary if you did pick it up.

I do think this has the potential to be something like what we've never experienced before. Mass closure of schools, public transport shut down in certain areas, sporting events cancelled in large numbers, holidays cancelled enmass etc. It'll cripple the economy if it does get there.

If I had any shares I'd be selling them and whacking them in something safer.

I can’t remember what happened with Asian flu in the 1950’s, remember getting it and my school closed down but that Wasn’t a precaution it was coz nearly every one caught it and no bugger turned up

We’re in the clarts now. Bloke caught it in UK. Source of infection unclear. It’s here. It’s spreading

That’s been th eproblem in Italy, unable to identify or trace the source of initial infection.

Last edited:

Back