Cornwall

I was under the impression that travel from one area to another was only supposed to be essential only?

It is, but given some place's experience of Proper Lockdown when lots of second-home owners crept in during the dead of night, sent luggage by courier so if stopped by the police they wouldn't look as if they were moving in etc., I can understand why they're concerned.

It is. But that involves a compliant population who have confidence in those making the rules.
So we just suit oursells then. Sounds about right. A lot of folk have been doing that all along. I wouldn’t expect it to change now.
It is, but given some place's experience of Proper Lockdown when lots of second-home owners crept in during the dead of night, sent luggage by courier so if stopped by the police they wouldn't look as if they were moving in etc., I can understand why they're concerned.
Arseholes will be arseholes mate.

Best place to go in Cornwall with my young family this summer? Had some great holidays in Devon and Cornwall as a kid. I remember Saint Ives stood out. Newquay was good too but I've heard it's changed since the 90s.

Best place to go in Cornwall with my young family this summer? Had some great holidays in Devon and Cornwall as a kid. I remember Saint Ives stood out. Newquay was good too but I've heard it's changed since the 90s.
We went to Falmouth when the bairns were really young. Quite a biggish town a few beaches and used it as a base to explore.
We liked it so much we went back there again the following year.

We stayed in St Columb Major a few years ago not far from Padstow and was ideal to get around (so long as you have a car) toying with the idea of Devon or Cornwall this year like

Back