corned beef hash

Where does corned beef and tatie pie fit in - which is corned beef hash wrapped in pastry.

It is what I've got for tea tonight. Did my summer tatie harvest and needed to use the ones I managed to slice while digging.

Having a salad for me scran now to offset the fuck off bowl of corned beef hash I'm going to have tonight. Which will be fried up in a pan - none of this baked shite mentioned above ffs

It's a stew making use of cheap cuts that can have stuff added to make it last. The regionally unique thing is the name.
Yep, can totally get behind that as a generic "regionally named stew".

But when the only meat in it is a couple of cans of corned beef, that's a different meal entirely.

Where does corned beef and tatie pie fit in - which is corned beef hash wrapped in pastry.

It is what I've got for tea tonight. Did my summer tatie harvest and needed to use the ones I managed to slice while digging.
Corned beef pie is f***ing amazing mind. The absolute king of the celebration buffet table.

Last edited:
Tattie pot - layers of sliced tatties, chopped carrots, leeks and corned beef. Top layer tattie. Top with oxos dissolved in boiling water. Cook in oven in casserole. Take lid off oven for last 10 mins to get crispy tattie top. Serve with boiled cabbage. No f***ing tinned tomatoes.

Fry of some onions in garlic, mix with corned beef...a drop of tomato puree a dash or 3 of Worcestershire sauce and abit of beef stock in a pan till its all mushed up

stick in a baking dish top with mashed taty sprinkle some cheeze and bake at 180 c for 25-30 mins

Serve with Hienz beans and some crusty bread

HAVE BROWN SAUCE IN ARMS REACH
You seem to have forgotten the fried egg off the top

Yep, can totally get behind that as a generic "regionally named stew".

But when the only meat in it is a couple of cans of corned beef, that's a different meal entirely.

Corned beef pie is f***ing amazing mind. The absolute king of the celebration buffet table.
I think it might be a northern or even just north eastern thing. There have been a few times I have made it either when people are round or a dish to take somewhere and people have raved about how good it was or wanted the recipe for this new wonder. (I live in the south). Up in the north east it is a standard buffet dish.

Not really bothered about what’s better like but corned beef hash with a couple of fried eggs for breakfast is a cracking breakfast.

Never heard of this fried egg or chopped tomato carry on. Me mar makes it with taties, corned beef, mince and onions and is is good like. Have heard of people hoying black pudding and bacon in like which is intriguing.

Back