Corfu

I was there about 6 weeks ago, we had a good time. The beach at Sidari is spot on. The restaurants over looking the beach are very good too.

It is a bit on a concrete jungle but we were at the far end and staying in nice quiet but fairly basic digs. I'd happily go again :)

Last edited:
I was in Kavos in the 90s before it was on the tele and before mcdonalds and tarmac. wow if I could relive 1 week of my life over and over I'd choose that week.
Its such a shame as Corfu is a beautiful island overall. We have holidayed there (in various resorts) 4 or 5 times over the last 8 years and the rubbish situation was very noticeable last summer. I dont know whats causing it? Never been to Sidari so cant comment on what its like there, but there are nice parts to the island, in particular Paleokastrisa which is stunning.
Tourists.

Last edited by a moderator:
We’re in Sugar and Almond, cheers for the recommendation, will check them out.

Not seeing either of those two on trip advisor.
There are 2 San (Agios) Stefanos on the Island, the one we are all talking about is on the NW and the other is on the NE of the island.

Sidari and Kavos are the Blackpools of Corfu. Get yourself round to Agios Stefanos. About a 10 minute drive from Sidari. It's like chalk and cheese. I think the rubbish problem is caused by a dispute with the workers and the authorities, been ongoing for a couple of years now.
Went to Kavos years ago. It was grim then. I dread to think what it's like now.

On Corfu, Kassiopi used to be nice, but it's been a few years since I was there.

Last edited:
Agios georgios south is the place... Best beach on the island and nice relaxed vibe

Just got back from there couple of weeks ago. First time in Corfu. Didn't bother looking around the island cos we just wanted a week of lying on a beach. Really enjoyed it. Some very good restaurants and a good atmosphere about the place. Locals were complaining about how quiet the resort was tho. Supposed it was a bit manky like but it sort of adds to its character

Just got back from there couple of weeks ago. First time in Corfu. Didn't bother looking around the island cos we just wanted a week of lying on a beach. Really enjoyed it. Some very good restaurants and a good atmosphere about the place. Locals were complaining about how quiet the resort was tho. Supposed it was a bit manky like but it sort of adds to its character

Wasn't manky at all when I was there. You always get potholes and cracked and buggered foot paths but that's Greece for you

Wasn't manky at all when I was there. You always get potholes and cracked and buggered foot paths but that's Greece for you

I suppose it was the dead cat that lay in the road for 2 days that gave me that impression. Having said that I'd deffo go back like

There are 2 San (Agios) Stefanos on the Island, the one we are all talking about is on the NW and the other is on the NE of the island.
It's the right stefanos, the apartments are close to Nondas. Not sure why can't find either on TA when they're 2 of the oldest tavernas in the village lol

It's the right stefanos, the apartments are close to Nondas. Not sure why can't find either on TA when they're 2 of the oldest tavernas in the village lol

If you search for them on all of Corfu they both come up , Barras is listed under Avilotes and Manthos as original taverna O Manthos .
Manthos has had a makeover and is now being run by the family that used to have Romanza. We had a couple of lovely meals ther in June . Had a fortnight at Kapetanios apartments and already booked to go back there next year .

If you search for them on all of Corfu they both come up , Barras is listed under Avilotes and Manthos as original taverna O Manthos .
Manthos has had a makeover and is now being run by the family that used to have Romanza. We had a couple of lovely meals ther in June . Had a fortnight at Kapetanios apartments and already booked to go back there next year .
We went to Manthos last summer and the food was lovely but it was so quiet and he was really looking his age so glad that the place has had a new lease of life. The BBQ nights are always fully booked.

You don't get a bad meal anywhere but somewhere else we really enjoyed I can't remember it's name but turn left at Barras and it's on the right . Then El Greco for a cocktail and watch the football/ people watch everyone going past. I do miss the place but prices have gone up loads this year so just couldn't afford it plus teenager was bored last year. My mam and dad almost booked kappy but decided to give the hill a miss lol

Might have a quick week away to San Stefanos later. Had a look at flights the other day and found some for tomorrow for £109 from Ponteland Airport. Always go last minute and just phone up to let them know we are coming over. Hopefully prices will be similar.

Back