Cordless Vacuum Cleaners - battery question

I don't get the love in with Dyson mind. Had 2 now, 1st model, and one from about 3 years back. 1st was average at best. 2nd, that would have retailed at nigh on 500 notes (I got cheap), was f***ing abysmal. My 80 quid Electrolux was far better. C unt also used to fall over, if you pulled it in anything other than a perfect straight line. :evil:
I had an airblade fan. Terrible. My wife smokes and the fan clogged up with a mixture of nicotine and dust. There is no filter to stop the dust getting in. I had to strip it down (including motor) sever times just to get it to push any air through. Lasted 2 years. Dyson customer service were unresponsive.

Dinnar. Just bought a 99 pund hoover cordless for our lass to clean the crumbs up from under the dining chabble after the kids. She loves it. I can't see any being good enough to replace our corded Dyson for a proper deep clean though, especially with the debris our 2 little sods generate. However this seems to be good enough to keep on top of things till the big fella comes out...

that's a good point actually. Just 2 of us at home now and we use a gtec cordless. battery lasts for about 40 minutes. lasts for over a week or two. downstairs gets hovered just about everyday but upstairs once a fortnight if that. we don't have that much mess too hoover up, just when others come over.

Do any of the cordless vacuum cleaner brands come with interchangeable batteries? As in, as you're cleaning with one battery in the vacuum, the other can be charging or pre charged so if it runs out you can just carry on going instead of waiting hours to finish.

Dyson and Bosch websites are painful and uninformative
No , just keep them charged , our ( well I say our ) GTech lasts ages !

Them Shark ones have been advertised on telly this week as it happens. Deffo says you can charge one battery while using the other, so, aye. Not sure which model though

I sit back and leave it to Roomba the Robot while it zooms round the house for an hour and more before toddling off back to its base to recharge itself.

Do any of the cordless vacuum cleaner brands come with interchangeable batteries? As in, as you're cleaning with one battery in the vacuum, the other can be charging or pre charged so if it runs out you can just carry on going instead of waiting hours to finish.

Dyson and Bosch websites are painful and uninformative

The Shark one being advertised on tv at the moment has 2 batteries so you can charge one while using the other

Back