Copyright Infringement Email - Virgin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever received one of these? I always thought they were made up but actually got one this morning after downloading a film for the 1st time in ages as my Firestick was acting up.

''Virgin Media, along with other internet service providers, is supporting the Get It Right from a Genuine Site campaign – a government-backed initiative that helps people access the content they want from legitimate sources.

The Get It Right from a Genuine Site campaign has contacted us on behalf of owners of copyrighted material, who believe their content may have been shared using your internet account without their permission. The content could be anything that is copyrighted, such as films, TV shows, sports events or music.

This is the first time an educational email has been sent to you. It will help you find genuine content and prevent the sharing of copyrighted material on your account in the future, as well as explaining why you are being contacted and what it means.''

A summary of the information that the Get It Right from a Genuine Site campaign has provided to Virgin Media:

Copyright Infringement Report ID (CIR-ID): 11350742
Title of content shared: IT (2017)
Time file was shared: 21:14 *
Date content was shared: 20/10/2017

So it's just an educational email :lol: never even watched the bastard film either the picture was class but has double arab subtitles on it and couldnt be arsed

Anyone ever received one of these? I always thought they were made up but actually got one this morning after downloading a film for the 1st time in ages as my Firestick was acting up.

''Virgin Media, along with other internet service providers, is supporting the Get It Right from a Genuine Site campaign – a government-backed initiative that helps people access the content they want from legitimate sources.

The Get It Right from a Genuine Site campaign has contacted us on behalf of owners of copyrighted material, who believe their content may have been shared using your internet account without their permission. The content could be anything that is copyrighted, such as films, TV shows, sports events or music.

This is the first time an educational email has been sent to you. It will help you find genuine content and prevent the sharing of copyrighted material on your account in the future, as well as explaining why you are being contacted and what it means.''

A summary of the information that the Get It Right from a Genuine Site campaign has provided to Virgin Media:

Copyright Infringement Report ID (CIR-ID): 11350742
Title of content shared: IT (2017)
Time file was shared: 21:14 *
Date content was shared: 20/10/2017

So it's just an educational email :lol: never even watched the bastard film either the picture was class but has double arab subtitles on it and couldnt be arsed
I read "double arab subtitles" and knew it was f***ing "IT". :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back