Cops up Whitburn

I live in the very southern outskirts of town on the border with Cleadon in the shadow of Cleadon Hils.

Despite all her health problems she has had to deal with over her life which are numerous, mother still leads an active life and every morning she still goes out and has a jog/walk session round where we live. She told me on her return yesterday she saw two police cars. One in a street in Cleadon village close to us and in a layby on Shields Road on the other side of the field next to us.

My parents and I were sitting out the front in our garden chatting to our neighbour who was about to go for a bike ride and that's when we saw the chopper'. We thought at first the cops were looking for crowds of people to disperse. We then heard about some armed man on the loose.

Terrible news. It always affects you more when it's on your turf. So close to your home.

I live in the very southern outskirts of town on the border with Cleadon in the shadow of Cleadon Hils.

Despite all her health problems she has had to deal with over her life which are numerous, mother still leads an active life and every morning she still goes out and has a jog/walk session round where we live. She told me on her return yesterday she saw two police cars. One in a street in Cleadon village close to us and in a layby on Shields Road on the other side of the field next to us.

My parents and I were sitting out the front in our garden chatting to our neighbour who was about to go for a bike ride and that's when we saw the chopper'. We thought at first the cops were looking for crowds of people to disperse. We then heard about some armed man on the loose.

Terrible news. It always affects you more when it's on your turf. So close to your home.

A very unusual occurrence but can hardly be described as terrible news .

Ten years since Raul Moat , I cant remember any in between.

Err...yes.:?::?:

How else would you describe it to anyone not familiar to the area so that they can get an accurate mental vision of how big the nature reserve is and how much it dominates the skyline and landscape and how much it does loom over the village.

From there going from left to right I can see all the way up from Whitburn to Seaham area from the coast and then sweeping inland to Fullwell/Roker and then through Boldon to Washington taking in Penshaw Monument, then on to Gateshead in the far distance and of course Newcastle and to Wallsend/North Shields area on the right. I can even see on a clear day Tyne Metropolitan College on the Coast Road. It's the only area where it is possible to take in the Stadium of Light and Sid James Park in one camera shot. I cannot understate just how large it is.

How else would you describe it to anyone not familiar to the area so that they can get an accurate mental vision of how big the nature reserve is and how much it dominates the skyline and landscape and how much it does loom over the village.

From there going from left to right I can see all the way up from Whitburn to Seaham area from the coast and then sweeping inland to Fullwell/Roker and then through Boldon to Washington taking in Penshaw Monument, then on to Gateshead in the far distance and of course Newcastle and to Wallsend/North Shields area on the right. I can even see on a clear day Tyne Metropolitan College on the Coast Road. It's the only area where it is possible to take in the Stadium of Light and Sid James Park in one camera shot. I cannot understate just how large it is.

You could have just said The Nook

I scaled the summit last weekend without oxygen.

Nice description mate.

Back