Cops up Whitburn

I'll have a read up about it sounds, like an interesting case.

Tony Thompson has written a book on general crime which includes a piece on the BOSS (Boys Of South Shields). It is in one of his gangland books. In it he mentions that Foster is presumed dead and details the case itself. He basically ended up on the Costa del Crime which could be a ruthless place at the best of times.

Tony Thompson has written a book on general crime which includes a piece on the BOSS (Boys Of South Shields). It is in one of his gangland books. In it he mentions that Foster is presumed dead and details the case itself. He basically ended up on the Costa del Crime which could be a ruthless place at the best of times.

.... and ironically, the mention of the BOSS has brought this thread right back round to the original topic.

John Jones bent copper, all on public record too.

I don’t know he’s dead as there is no body, I think he is dead, as do the police, they have information on it but no body. Theres no way someone like Foster would not be heard from again, just vanish in to thin air.

Jones was also thought to have told another Shields group that their premises was under cctv from a next door business. Camera subsequently nicked or destroyed.

Bit of nostalgia for you in these gloomy times. This is a screen capture of a DVD a mate of my dad's made from the VHS tape entitled "Roker Park: The Story". We get to the 60's and Alan Brown had been sacked and George Hardwick had been appointed. We see for only a few seconds rare footage of training at the Charlie Hurley Center. Len Ashurst is out front. The arrow I have inserted shows you where Old Man's Garden's is.

Logon or register to see this image

This is the aerial shot of it. Basically just a row of trees that can be seen from anywhere on Cleadon Lane. I remember when the lads trained at the Charlie Hurley Center me and my dad used to walk down the side of the light green field to the right of the the dark green on the left and come out at the bottom and walk along Cleadon Lane to see the team train or to see the youths play. Kids that included Simon Ramsden.

https://s350.photobucket.com/user/Picguy2019/media/Capture_zpsqxcvkciu.jpg.html
Simon ramsden
Isn't he the lad who has the shortest ever Sunderland career
2 mins v Ipswich in cup
What's he doing now as he was playing forMotherwell until recently

Last edited:
Foster did do it, it was broad daylight in front of people, and was helped by the police to flee the country. But I don’t believe foster is still on the run.

What happened is all on public record, bevan is still inside for his part.
Any links to read this please?

Do you recall the title?

Bit of nostalgia for you in these gloomy times. This is a screen capture of a DVD a mate of my dad's made from the VHS tape entitled "Roker Park: The Story". We get to the 60's and Alan Brown had been sacked and George Hardwick had been appointed. We see for only a few seconds rare footage of training at the Charlie Hurley Center. Len Ashurst is out front. The arrow I have inserted shows you where Old Man's Garden's is.

Logon or register to see this image

This is the aerial shot of it. Basically just a row of trees that can be seen from anywhere on Cleadon Lane. I remember when the lads trained at the Charlie Hurley Center me and my dad used to walk down the side of the light green field to the right of the the dark green on the left and come out at the bottom and walk along Cleadon Lane to see the team train or to see the youths play. Kids that included Simon Ramsden.

https://s350.photobucket.com/user/Picguy2019/media/Capture_zpsqxcvkciu.jpg.html
Well bugger me sideways, I never knew it was called that
Still have no idea where the pillboxes are like, and I’ve lived just out of shot on the right of that pic for years

Still have no idea where the pillboxes are like, and I’ve lived just out of shot on the right of that pic for years

The pillbox in Old Man's Garden's is right in the trees somewhere. Me and my dad used to do stuff on a Sunday morning when I was at school. If we didn't go play putt in Cornthwaite Park we played football in The Dell near us or we would go for a walk. We went in this pillbox.

Follow the path from the farm on Wellands Lane as far as where you hit the bushes, there's a path that dips down to the left Infront of the bushes, they in amongst that lot, ones totally grown over at the front but the rear entrance clearly visible, the other you can just see a bit of concrete & the backs lost in the bushes, you need to get amongst in & have a rake about 😁, just looking from where they are, the field of fire they've would've covered is quite extensive, excellent position.

Wartime Defences[edit]
Two pill boxes were constructed on the South Side on Cleadon Hills to allow placement of machine gun positions overlooking the fields leading from Whitburn to Cleadon. One of these collapsed in the 1970s and remained in a dangerous condition until removed, the other box being demolished at the same time. The undisturbed remains of several concrete machine gun nests can still be found in the undergrowth on the side of Cleadon Hills.

Wartime Defences[edit]
Two pill boxes were constructed on the South Side on Cleadon Hills to allow placement of machine gun positions overlooking the fields leading from Whitburn to Cleadon. One of these collapsed in the 1970s and remained in a dangerous condition until removed, the other box being demolished at the same time. The undisturbed remains of several concrete machine gun nests can still be found in the undergrowth on the side of Cleadon Hills.
Great site if you like this sort of stuff 👍
[/URL]
Bugger can't get link to work ffs

Last edited:

Back