Copenhagen

I was there last week delivering some training and it wasn’t as expensive as I expected. Twice the price of Sunderland and about 50% dearer than say Edinburgh.

Having said that a sarnie from the train station was only £3.

Paid about £15 s for a pizza and £7-8 a pint. Went to a South Indian restaurant and 2 meals, no starters and a bottle of wine was about £90; hope it gets passed the expenses Nazis at work that one!

I support the Danish NT and go to a game once every year or so, so I I sort of discovered what a nice city it is by accident. It has a relaxed vibe you dont usually get in capitals and it’s easy to get around on foot.

Only draw back is that it’s very much an outdoor city and sometimes you just don’t get the weather. A rainy day in Copenhagen is pretty miserable.

Gutted about the Newcastle flight being scraped. Don’t know why the mags crow about having an airport it’s shite. The closest city in England to Denmark yet no direct route there. They should consider bringing the ferry back.

I went to Oslo a few years ago and found that very expensive, kinda put me off visiting other parts of Scandinavia for a mini break, I do hear people rave about Copenhagen though

Correct. It is dearer than London.
I went to Oslo a few years ago and found that very expensive, kinda put me off visiting other parts of Scandinavia for a mini break, I do hear people rave about Copenhagen though

Not been to Oslo but found Bergen very dear. Taxis were very pricey. And wine. First of not cheap either. Great place but it is dear. Would go back in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
We heard the same about Iceland, as long as you do your research you can find excellent value for money.

Correct. It is dearer than London.

Not been to Oslo but found Bergen very dear. Taxis were very pricey. And wine. First of not cheap either. Great place but it is dear. Would go back in a heartbeat.

Don’t know what happened there with this post but probably meant to say food was dear too. Cracking place all the same.

Back