Cooking a pheasant

Hopefully final question

Cook it upside down, ie breast in the wine?

No worries mate.
Just stand normal as the wine just flavours in the heat. No need to worry about a thing and just think you are cooking a chicken. Hope you enjoy it.
You will likely see some “yellow” residue on the meat. This is just natural fat and is fine to eat.

Pheasant is rank, I have a mate who shoot them for "sport" and dumps the carcases because he can't even give them away. He told me last year on a shoot hundreds of pheasants were dumped in a hole and buried by the farmer because no body wants them.

No worries mate.
Just stand normal as the wine just flavours in the heat. No need to worry about a thing and just think you are cooking a chicken. Hope you enjoy it.
You will likely see some “yellow” residue on the meat. This is just natural fat and is fine to eat.
Did this on a bed of onion, carrot & celery with a glass of red wine and a chicken stock pot. Browned the bird off in a hot pan, then layered some streaky bacon on. 4.5 hours on high and it was immense. The gravy from the juices was sheer top notch. The fat on the legs was delicious, a bit like the stuff you get on a really good Iberico ham.

Did this on a bed of onion, carrot & celery with a glass of red wine and a chicken stock pot. Browned the bird off in a hot pan, then layered some streaky bacon on. 4.5 hours on high and it was immense. The gravy from the juices was sheer top notch. The fat on the legs was delicious, a bit like the stuff you get on a really good Iberico ham.

Superb mate and great that you posted.
The fact that you enjoyed it will make you try it again.
Using the slow cooker you get less waste and it’s surprising the amount of meat you get. Next thing you will be plucking a brace.

:eek: Shouldn't you be eating Boneless Cuscus on a bed of Celery and romaine.

Probably. Then I’d live to 120 and be as miserable as sin.

This way I’ll struggle to make my allotted three score and ten and still be as miserable as sin so on the plus side I’ll be miserable for less time.
Aye, but just think of all the birthday pressies man... :cool:

Back