Converting to Islam

If Islam (or any other religion) helps you lead a better and more fulfilled life then crack on I say, just don't let your actions affect others. As the great Pagan saying goes An it harm none do what ye will.

Christianity, Islam, and Judaism have many similarities and many differences. They are all Abrahamic religions and worship the same God. Each religion requires its followers to adhere to a certain moral code and show devotion to God through prayer. The differences between them are the moral and cultural "guidelines", now that's like a fucked up chinese whisper.

If Islam (or any other religion) helps you lead a better and more fulfilled life then crack on I say, just don't let your actions affect others. As the great Pagan saying goes An it harm none do what ye will.

That bit is your ideal, not theirs.

Just do as the extremists do and drink anyway.
There must be a tiny minority of ‘religious’ people who follow the rules, laws and conventions of their religion to the letter.

So they are in effect tagging on to the larger aspects that appeal to them and bending the rules for all the other stuff.

But if one person can bend the rules his/her way, the next person can bend different rules in a different way and the whole thing loses its purpose.

My neighbour ‘converted’ to Catholicism when he married his Hispanic wife. She’s pro choice and pro birth control, doesn’t go to confession nor even church and doesn’t believe in a solution from a priest so I wonder what makes her a Catholic instead of just a more generic non denominational version of Christianity? Still even though the husband was godfather to another neighbour’s kid he won’t attend that family’s church cos ‘I'm catholic’

I think he was a bit cobbed that we didn’t ask him to be godfather to our bairn. We didn’t have a baptism and I wouldn’t have asked a bloody left footer anyway. I’m waiting for it to come up in the conversation that I can tell him his pathetic ‘conversion’ ruled him out.

What kind of person gives up whatever belief system they originally held just to marry a bewer? What do you stand for if you can be manipulated into changing like that? Why didn’t he ‘make’ her convert to his religion? (See also Ivanka Trump becoming jewish).

Not religious in the slightest.

Born, live, pay taxes then become worm food.

Christened a Catholic, went to CofE school.

Like my Sunday morning lieins and Corrie omnibus too much to be up singing hymns.

For pretty much the same reasons people convert to Catholicism, Judaism, join the church of the Latter Day Saints or become jehova's witnesses, Buddhist or any other religion. Not being religious in the least I don't know why that is but I'd guess it's about identity, community and tribalism with an element of making sense of the world. I get the same things from the team I support, my friends and family, my political beliefs, pubs and science but each to their own.

Certainly makes life easier ......poor lad yesterday was telling me how difficult it was when the weather is warm and hes got to wait till sunset for a drink.
I was once on a job with one, up scaffolding all day and it was red hot. We were drinking loads but he refused. The gaffer had serious concerns that he might faint and fall on someone. Surely your job safety should override your religious beliefs?

Used to work with a Muslim lass who's white boyfriend converted. He was a copper and he changed his name anarl. Ironically, he also had to get his bobby's helmet sorted.

Back