Converting an old videcamera cassette to a dvd help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much as the post says. I've got an old camera with cassette tapes but i remember maplin did a converter kit for about £30 a few years back. Anyone recomend a cheaper option or do you reckon i could get a used one (I only need it or a few tapes)
Aye i know could google it, but is there a specific name i'm looking for? I'm not very techy :lol:

It's not a vhs big cassette. It's one of them smaller ones like a normal cassette :lol: but i bit squarer
Try to get an old player off ebay, I bought a new Vhs from Asda for £30, don’t where you will get one for a mini vhs. Asda don’t sell them anymore

Just looked, there are a few on ebay but one hell of a price for what they are. Some from the States.mine won’t play small vhs or I would have done it for you for nowt.

Last edited:
Pretty much as the post says. I've got an old camera with cassette tapes but i remember maplin did a converter kit for about £30 a few years back. Anyone recomend a cheaper option or do you reckon i could get a used one (I only need it or a few tapes)
Aye i know could google it, but is there a specific name i'm looking for? I'm not very techy :lol:

Does the camera (what make and model)have a connection to connect to a PC, if so you just need software.

Does the camera have a connection to connect to a PC, if so you just need software.
It just has the 3 plug in bits ie red,yellow and white. To watch them i just plug them into the back of the telly and play it through the camcorder, but i want to convert one onto a dvd so i can send it to someone

Try to get an old player off ebay, I bought a new Vhs from Asda for £30, don’t where you will get one for a mini vhs. Asda don’t sell them anymore

Just looked, there are a few on ebay but one hell of a price for what they are. Some from the States.mine won’t play small vhs or I would have done it for you for nowt.
I've got an old vhs player somewhere. Why would i have to put it onto a vhs tape, then onto a dvd though? could i not go straight from the camcorder?

It just has the 3 plug in bits ie red,yellow and white. To watch them i just plug them into the back of the telly and play it through the camcorder, but i want to convert one onto a dvd so i can send it to someone

I've got an old vhs player somewhere. Why would i have to put it onto a vhs tape, then onto a dvd though? could i not go straight from the camcorder?

You can connect those 3 plugs to a PC graphics card(may need an adapter) then run the camera and use video capture software to capture the movie.Then all you have to do is burn the image to a dvd.If you're not computer savvy you need a friend who is.

Have you got a dvd recorder ...I connected my camera to my DVD recorder using the AV port and wire..and copied it to its hard drive...then recorded it onto disc...takes a little time but all my old tapes are now on dvd...I also copied discs onto my computer...

It looks a long delivery time like from Hong Kong.

Don't hate me if it doesn't work:lol:
Its all gonna be on your head!ha ha

Have you got a dvd recorder ...I connected my camera to my DVD recorder using the AV port and wire..and copied it to its hard drive...then recorded it onto disc...takes a little time but all my old tapes are now on dvd...I also copied discs onto my computer...
Player but not recorder

In the past I have used the phono cables to usb to transfer old vhs from camcorder to dvd.
you just plug your three leads(red white and yellow) into the sockets that are on the usb.
Install the software (mine came with ulead capture) or something similar.
plug the usb into the back of a laptop or pc.
Install the drivers then press play on the camcorder and click the record button on the software to capture it to hard drive.
I think it saved as an mpeg file (it's been a few years since i did it)
then i dragged the video file into convert x to dvd and burnt to disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back