Contracts

Very true. He’s been horrendously unlucky with his injuries, but it’s time both himself and Sunderland afc took a long hard look at his future. Any idea how much longer he’s expected to be out?

Who knows. Small niggles just seem to turn into longer niggles and he's only ever one tackle away from a year out again. Time to let him go.
Don’t forget though that the huge number of games we played is the reason why we didn’t get promoted.......

It was quoted so often on here so I checked, and I was shocked that so few players were starting the majority of games. A "long arduous season" wasn't something most of our lads could claim.

Last edited:

Who knows. Small niggles just seem to turn into longer niggles and he's only ever one tackle away from a year out again. Time to let him go.

It was quoted so often on here so I checked, and I was shocked that so few players were starting the majority of games. A "long arduous season" wasn't something most of our lads could claim.

Yep. O’Nien played the most and that was 47 games. Only player who played more was McLaughlin in goal.

Add in the fact that Charlton only played one game fewer than us in the run in too and even using the “too many games in a short time frame” didn’t cut the mustard.

Just had a look at the echo, Ross reckons he’ll be back in full training toward the end of the week.

Kimpioka has a four year contract offer on the table, but he won't sign it, so he's getting the cold shoulder treatment at the moment. Someone has to sort this out soon.

Yep. O’Nien played the most and that was 47 games. Only player who played more was McLaughlin in goal.

Add in the fact that Charlton only played one game fewer than us in the run in too and even using the “too many games in a short time frame” didn’t cut the mustard.

47 games but only 26 starts in the league.
Kimpioka has a four year contract offer on the table, but he won't sign it, so he's getting the cold shoulder treatment at the moment. Someone has to sort this out soon.

I might be in the minority but I'd also leave him out. Let another club take a risk in offering him a big contract without the benefit of knowing whether he's good enough.

Last edited:
I would add Ethan Robson in with Watmore. Again this close season he is talked up and given a chance to get in an then succumbs to another injury. Watmore has had serious injuries and been unlucky. I wonder how much of it is in his head with Robson, a bit like Rodwell - perfect chance this year to get involved and out of the picture due to a minor injury.
Robson certainly will find it difficult to get a starting place if he's regularly encountering injury problems. Similar with McGeouch.
of the additional 3, I'd offer McGeough one regardless. The other two are easily replaced.
McGeouch will go if he again struggles with injury and form.

Last edited:
Keep all of them except Loovens if we stay in this league.

Keep all of them except Loovens and Flanagan if we go up, will need them for rotation.

Back