Loovens <Get rid.
Maguire
J. McLaughlin
Flanagan
O’Nein
Ozturk
Kimpioka Keep

Last edited by a moderator:
Offer McLaughlin a new contract, release Watmore, Loovens & Flanagan and see how the others are performing later in the season. Also see where the club is and if promotion or staying down is the more likely. (Depending on when the review is done)

So are these are the contracts up at the end of this season:

Who would you keep/get rid?

Watmore
Loovens
Maguire
J. McLaughlin
Flanagan
O’Nein
Ozturk
Kimpioka
Think there's more than that. Off the top of my head you can add

Baldwin
McGeouch
Robson
Watmore < Not Sure.
Loovens <Get rid.
Maguire
J. McLaughlin
Flanagan
O’Nein
Ozturk
Kimpioka Keep
I expect that Watmore will be away regardless. Can't see him signing another contract here.

Last edited:

Baldwin
McGeouch
Robson

I expect that Watmore will be away regardless. Can't see him signing another contract here.

You are no doubt right, i just didn't want to put him into the get rid column yet, as i am still hopeful he can come good, however that time maybe drawing to an end.

It's an interesting topic but really needs to be left till the back end of the season. I imagine our opinions on a few of these will change one way or another as the season progresses. Hopefully we want to keep all of them (doubt it). As things stand, assuming we get promoted, the only obvious one I'd be trying hard to keep is McLaughlin. The others either have a lot to prove still, are too expensive/with fitness issues (Watmore) or are unlikely to be good enough. If we're still in L1, then it depends as much on financial demands, but if they've played and been unable to get us promoted, there's little incentive to keep them here really.

Lovely lad but we can't be offering him a new contract.
Very true. He’s been horrendously unlucky with his injuries, but it’s time both himself and Sunderland afc took a long hard look at his future. Any idea how much longer he’s expected to be out?

So are these are the contracts up at the end of this season:

Who would you keep/get rid?

Watmore
Loovens
Maguire
J. McLaughlin
Flanagan
O’Nein
Ozturk
Kimpioka
IF we go up, big if, I'd only keep the keeper from that lot. Possibly Maguire as an option off the bench for a bit of spark/shit housery.
At an average 6 starts a year for the last 6 years I doubt he'll get knocked over in the rush to sign him.
Not to mention him being fuckin shite.

Last edited:

Baldwin
McGeouch
Robson

I would add Ethan Robson in with Watmore. Again this close season he is talked up and given a chance to get in an then succumbs to another injury. Watmore has had serious injuries and been unlucky. I wonder how much of it is in his head with Robson, a bit like Rodwell - perfect chance this year to get involved and out of the picture due to a minor injury.

It's a bit of a catch 22, plays enough games to justify a new contract from us and he'll probably get a better offer elsewhere.

I'd just write him off personally. We need players who can play 40+ games a season. Only two of our outfield players started more than 30 games last season. Honeyman who's left and Baldwin who's persona non grata at the moment.

I'd just write him off personally. We need players who can play 40+ games a season. Only two of our outfield players started more than 30 games last season. Honeyman who's left and Baldwin who's persona non grata at the moment.

Don’t forget though that the huge number of games we played is the reason why we didn’t get promoted.......

Back